• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

300 BLK at 750yds

Jgun

I don't have any info on it yet. As far as I can tell from the video it's just an integrally suppressed DI SBR 300BLK AR. I think that a lot of the amazing ahooting has to be due to the shooter. He's obviouslly got his holdover at that range nailed, and I'm sure it doesn't hurt to have had 100K rds of practice through the gun. just the same thats pretty impressive shooting, and that AR looks like one hell of an effective tool in a very small package.

It does have a hell of alot to do with that shooter, in particular, but it says alot about the capability of the round, in the right hands, as Jgun said.  The shooter in that vid is Travis Haley. 

This is him on 4 APR 2004, as a Blackwater sniper.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=cc4_1188026905

For the history on that day, here's a short blurb describing it - those guys weren't mentioned, in the least, but this is the broad view of what happened that day.  The guy was very instrumental in the outcome, without doubt.  <thumbsup>

On April 4, 2004, the Mahdi Army attacked the Spanish-Salvadoran-ALARNG base (Camp Golf, later renamed Camp Baker) in An Najaf, part of a coordinated uprising across central and southern Iraq in an apparent attempt to seize control of the country ahead of the June 30, 2004 handover of power to a new Iraqi government.

This uprising led to the 1st Armored Division's Task Force 2nd Battalion, 37th Armor (2-37 AR) attached to the 2 Armored Cavalry Regiment (2ACR) arriving in the city in the wake of the Spanish withdrawal. The situation aroused grave concerns among the Shia community of Iraq and Iran, as firefights took place within yards of the Kufa Mosque. Some mosques suffered superficial damage in the process, mostly due to Mahdi Army fighters mishandling explosives stored in the Kufa Mosque.

Firefights between the Mahdi Army and Badr Organization took place in May as tensions rose over the Mahdi Army's occupation of the Imam Ali Shrine, looting of the mosques in their control, and controversial prisons and Sharia courts. The Najaf cemetery, the largest cemetery in the world, became a battle ground in May 2004 as M1A1 tanks from 2-37 AR fought Mahdi Army soldiers on the outskirts of the cemetery. The Mahdi Army stationed several three man rocket propelled grenade RPG teams in the cemetery, who lived in large tombs to avoid detection from U.S. helicopters and UAVs.

I saw that vid on you tube while going through war footage and I'll tell you what.That guy went to work and was banging out E.K.I.A. like he was at the range.Calm,cool,collected every shot was making someone dead.Holy poop glad he was on our side,very professional and methodical in his approach. <thumbsup>

Just think - that was a 5.56 gun, with the right ammo, in the hands of a very capable person.  SO many people say that the 5.56 can't put people down at 600 yards...  <dontknow>  It sure as poop can do that, with regularity.  <thumbsup>

This was the rifle:

HaleyM16.jpg

He may be all that , but ,I have issues with his reference on "HOBBY  GUNS " &  get a reputable manufacturer to make one to make spec's . Please !

I guess, if ya just throw one together , for a shooter , maybe .

The video will not alter the opinion of the nay Sayers of this round .

I liked the attributes of this round so much , I built a dedicated rifle around it , oh wait , its a hobby rifle . <laughs>