• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Arizona Guys!!!

98Z5V

Appleseed Shoot at my range down here (Sierra Vista Shooting Range) on Dec 15th and 16th.  I'll be teaching both days.  If anyone wants to come down, let me know.  I'm gonna see if I can leave my camper on the range that night, and stay out there.  Typically, there's no way in hell you can overnight out there, but I'm going to try it and see if I can get that through.

The 2-day shoot costs are $70-ish, total. 

Here's a link with general details:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=26878

26 people this morning, Day 1.  Temps were stated at 41 degrees, but that's in town, not out on the desert floor - it was cold!  The wind was HOWLING almost all day.  The flags was slammed out all morning, making noise in the wind.  It was coming from 45 degrees to our right front, so tough to deal with on the firing line. 

At the end of Day 1, we made it through all the basic markmanship trainnig, and fired two qualification sessions - already have 4 people that qualified Rifleman.  Pretty damn hard to do on Day 1.  Great group of shooters out this time.  <thumbsup>

Had 18 or 19 back on Day 2, with only one additional Rifleman qual.  Wind wasn't as bad, but the temp was down a few more degrees.  Great weekend, and great shooters.  I need to get some of you guys out for this - and get Jon back out there.

Right now, there are only 2 scheduled for 2012 at my range - September and December.  There is usually a March shoot and an April shoot, but local-range scheduling jacked that up.  I'm working on getting at least one of those back.

I think the next one we'll be doing will be back at Marana in the spring.  Jon's home turf.  <thumbsup>

A little after 9-11 happened, I was dating a lady that worked at the VA Hospital.  Going down to meet her for lunch one day, I was waiting out front while sitting at a table.

The flag at the Tucson VA is large...it was particularly new also this day, as vivid a contrast as you will ever see between the red, the white, and the blue, the wind allowing it to wave in a rolling manner in the clear blue sky...a great contrast to the tall pine and palm trees on the property.

A vision hit me then...a brown and rocky plain in a sparse landscape, barren mountains in the distance and the only structure in sight, a large felt tent nearly the color of the surrounding terrain...the type in use for millenia by Kurds and Mongols.

Out in front of the entrance, a crude wooden pole which stood taller than the tent, at the top a yellow flag shaped assymetrically and tapering away from the pole, strange writing on the yellow field.

It then hit me...HARD!  Seeing that tribal banner in a land far away while watching our American Flag waving...it is our tribal banner, and this is our tribe!

After that initial unification following that horrible event, the forces in power would strive to rent us apart with internal strife and divisive conflict.

Since then research and study has reinforced my tribal beliefs, showing me that the confilct is on a much greater worldwide scale, as is the will to destroy our way of life.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...