• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Magazines for the lar 8

12ptdroptine

I bought 2 DS Arms 10 Round metal mags last week. Went to shoot today. First round chambered fine. 2nd round slams into feed ramp and the bolt carrier or bolt hits it so hard that it pushed the projectile all the way back into the case....that ain't good. Each mag did the exact same. The 20 round polymer runs fine. I don't want to have to adjust and bend and file.  I just want some 10 round (legal to hunt) mags for my rifle that work. Totally rediculous that RRA isn't doing something about this.

FTFMishap_zps3f62e99f.jpg

Otto

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RRA LAR-8 Mid-Length....Remington Core-Lokt. I just got it a month ago. I put a Burris 30mm 1-4X Tactical scope on a PEPR mount. It is quite acurrate. I can stay in a 2 inch circle at a hundred. My dot covers 2.4 inches at 100 yards. I didn't shoot it at 200 today because I was pissed about the FAL mags. Looks like I won't be taking it to the woods this weekend.

Well Otto, I was messing around with a steel mag today and looking at what may work.

It appears you can get a block in there no issue…didn't measure how big it needed to be for only 5 or 3 rounds to fit.  The mag spring has a circular loop on the bottom, which is directed towards the center of the mag body/spring loops.  If you cut it just right, the spring should ride on top of whatever spacer you put in the magazine.

I'll see if I can drag a saw out and rig a full setup tomorrow.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have 10 20rd poly mags, 6 from rra 4 from thermold. Some time in the last year rra changed their lower design so when the mags showed up I had to file them down, womp womp. Besides that little pain I have had no problems with the polymer. I looked around for good steel fal mags but can't find any that are worth a darn. What I really need are mag pouches that will fit two mags each. Anyone where I can fnd those?