• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

GREAT NEWS!!

MaDuce

I don't recall ever getting a chance to try this before, but I recently found some of my .308 20 round mags. These were given to me a long time ago for a planned .308 custom build that never came to fruition. Not I or the person who gave them to me was sure if they were AR-10 or FAL mags and I have been making a deliberate effort to NOT find out for reasons that will soon be obvious.

I tested the parts today against a .308 pmag rebuild kit and lone behold, there's a parts compatibility which means that there's a chance it's an AR-10 mag, thus legal for rebuilding in to a 20 round pmag. The reason I DON'T want to figure out for sure what these 20 rounders go to is because as long as it's possible they are AR-10 mags, I can say that I rebuilt my Pmags out of AR-10 mags and not be lying. In other words, I am assuming they are AR-10 mags.

Anyway, this is great because I have a "featureless" grip I was working on about a year ago and dropped due to a legal uncertainty that has since been settled. This grip revolves around having a firm thumb rest, allowing the shooter to have a firm grasp on it as if it were a pistol grip but without being able to wrap the web of their palm around the back of the grip, this making it legally not a pistol grip.

My muzzle attachment of choice is a muzzle break, not flash suppressor (that's the legal uncertainty that got settled) and the grip is designed to function as well as a pistol grip despite not being one, and did I mention it's a VERY attractive design? So the only thing I am really loosing is the adjustability of the stock (the thumb barrier locks the adjustable butt in place) and I would much rather have full detachability and 20 rounds then that.

Anyway, I am signing for my receiver either tomorrow or Friday. It's a very rare, very limited Addax Tactical lower receiver. I'll try to get you folks a picture of the grip in the next day or 2 but the crucial features (butt lock and thumb rest) have to be fitted, so I won't be fully installing them until the rest of the package is here.

Anyway, gun's almost together.

Computer crashed this morning. corrupt boot thing. I am using relatives computer. If you want pics of the grip (still in the works) the only immediate option would be to text them to Mr. Robobot and he can share them if he wants to.

My computer problem will be resolved in the next few days one way or another.

More good news. I signed for my lower receiver today and got to actually see it for the first time. As Addax stated, it's a .308 copy of this:

https://www.addaxtactical.com/store/pc/ADDAX-TACTICAL-BILLET-AR15-MULTI-CAL-STRIPPED-LOWER-RECEIVER-184p1976.htm

On the other side, a conversation between Mr. Robobot and I suggested that the featureless grip is pointless. I'll take pictures of it for you guys as promised, but it's probably going to either go unfinished or maybe just finished and sold.

Anyway, pick up day is the 28th.

Here you go folks. Sorry it took so long. TBH, I had misplaced it while house cleaning.

The black markings on the grip may look like decoration but they're actually reference marks for texture variation.

As stated, the large thumb rest has yet to be installed. The back area is cut to fit the magpul MOE butt.

I don't think I'll ever actually use it but I may finish and trade it some day.

post-1175-136297286962_thumb.jpg