• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ok i need some support lol

Magwa

Ok I got the apex handgaurd and the armalite clamp on a2FS gas block so what all do I need to remove ?

1 Flash surpressor

2 railed gasblock

3 hand gaurd

4 delta ring and snap rings?

then assemble? will the pin in the railed gasblock fit in the A2FS gasblock? can you tell I have never done this before yet?

I can cut off the delta ring right I would rather do that and buy another if I ever need it then take of the barrel nut as i do not have the tools for a Ar10 thanks

Magwa, if you cut the delta ring off with a dremel, and cut the weld spring, then you wouldn't have to remove that barrel nut (and disassemble it from the back).  That's the easiest way to go about it.

Gas tube roll pins are gas tube roll pins - they're all the same.  You can remove the one you have in the railed gas block, and reuse it in the A2 asembly that you have, if it's not damaged.  They're pretty easy to get out.  <thumbsup>

Delta ring disassembly is easy. Use a pair of needle nose pliers to pull out the C-ring, then the parts just come apart. Quick and easy.

Your roll pin should be transferrable.

Don't cut anything. Only quitters cut.

Ok so you are saying I can remove the delta ring ,spring and clip without removing the barrel nut and barrel? I love that idea just did not know it was possible thanks .

Ok so i will strip it today and see if this stuff will fit.. thank you one and all..great forum..

Magwa, you know we love ya man, but you are taking on more than you can handle. If you don't have all the tools you need, I guarantee you're going to fuck up your rifle.

An AR wrench and a table vise (with blocks) are damn near a must. Seek out a local friend or family that can fill the gaps in your toolbox

Mike, to take the delta ring and weld spring off the barrel nut, you'd have to remove the barrel nut - barrel can stay in the upper receiver, but the nut must come off to take it apart - just cut it with a dremel cut-off wheel.  Cut the weld spring, too.  After that, you can mangle the snap=ring with a pair of pliers, and take it off. 

Heat that flash hider - I almost guarantee you that DPMS loc-tited that fucker on the barrel.

Everything else should be simple.  If you don't have the tools, and time is a factor, find a local 'smith that knows ARs.  If time is no factor, send me the upper, and I'll pop it apart right away for nothing, and set the handguard/front sight up for you, and ship it right back.  <thumbsup>

Well I have the AR wrench and all the punches etc i do not have a set of blocks so which one do i need to order as i build and work on AR 15's a lot just never the 308's so i need to get the blocks I mean parts are parts I may be old but i know I can change a hand gaurd LOL so i will take recommendations for the blocks i have a good table vise and I need to learn how to do this ... what good is a gun or parts if you can't fix it? and thank you for all the help and 98Z5V thank you for the very kind offer hopefully i can get this done i want to try anyway but i will not go so far as to fook up the upper.. :)

Ok being a somewhat hardheaded guy and Living on the reservation not everything is easy to get soooooo I improvised took two blocks of hard wood clamped them together drilled a 3/4 inch hole thru the center then took and sanded the hole then wrapped a single thickness of leather around the barrel put it in the vice and clamped it down put on a 3/4 inch wrench and pulled and presto off it came , so it is all stripped and i will resemble as soon as i get blue locktite on Monday everything fits in a mock up