• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hydraulic recoil buffers

MaDuce

I pick my receiver up on the 28th. First thing I'm going to buy for it is a muzzle attachment (PWS FSC if I can afford it. After that, I've been thinking about that hydraulic recoil buffer.

I am looking to minimize recoil for a couple reasons. 1, easier accuracy and quicker follow up shots. 2, my friend's kids shoot my guns sometimes, and I'd like to make it a "child friendly" gun to shoot. Muzzle attachment softens the original punch but does nothing for the recoiling of the BCG. That's where hydraulic recoil buffer comes in.

The videos I've seen appear to be very promising as far as it's effectiveness goes. But I've read some sketchy reviews about it's effect on the gun's reliability, sighting it over shortening the cycling of the action.

I would like your opinions on this.

IMHO, you'd be better off going with a couple different courses of action:

1) lightened arrier system, and adjustable gas block, or

2) carrier weight system.

Good advice, if you'll PM me your info, I'll get a cost of shipping though I'll send you one you can test out for yourself. I ran into reliability problems with mine, but this is a chance to test one for the cost of shipping without being obliged to buy. This offer stands for anyone who wants to test a rifle-length hydraulic AR10 buffer.

Good advice, if you'll PM me your info, I'll get a cost of shipping though I'll send you one you can test out for yourself. I ran into reliability problems with mine, but this is a chance to test one for the cost of shipping without being obliged to buy. This offer stands for anyone who wants to test a rifle-length hydraulic AR10 buffer.

My configuration is for carbine.

Let me know what you want for it though. I MAY end up building a custom fixed rifle butt. If I do, I may customize the set-up to be compatible with it.