• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Got my receiver - build in tact

MaDuce

Man, I REALLY like this one. It's an Addax Tactical Guardian lower receiver. Extremely rare and limited model. As in, I had to order it and wait a long time to get it. I now have it assembled and the gun intact.

It reminds me allot of the Mega Arms lower receiver.

The feature I like most is a screw behind the handle in the lower receiver that presses a piece of hard rubber against the upper receiver. Before you put the grip on, you basically fully attach the upper to the lower and then screw it in with an Alan wrench to fine tune the tension to exactly what you want. So now I have completely eliminated all play between the upper and lower receiver, yet still allow the gun to be broken down with relative ease. It's a simple method but one that works far better then anything else I've seen.

On top of all that, it's one of the best looking lower receivers I've ever seen.

On the down side, there isn't a single piece of furniture to the gun build that I intend to keep on it indefinitely. I am going to have to gradually replace it all, piece by piece. Also haven't put a muzzle attachment on it yet.

Full parts list:

* Red-X Arms X-Treme upper assembly with their straight fluted 20in barrel.

* Addax Tactical Guardian lower receiver.

* DPMS Chrome BCG

* DPMS 4 position butt kit (innards are temporary to hold things together. Will order replacements tomorrow or Monday.

* DPMS lower parts kit.

* Vltor Gunfighter Charging handle.

* BSA red dot (just a hold over until I can put a good scope on it)

Still working on the buffer and muzzle break.

Anyway, here are a couple pics for you.

post-1175-136297287094_thumb.jpg

The one thing I really DON'T like about it is the trigger guard. I am perfectly happy with the design and think it's a very good one, but I prefer removable so I can install a Magpul winter guard. It's all about color and finish wear.

I've actually thought about cutting it off and machining in fittings for the magpul, but after seeing it in person, it's clear that won't work. Plus, the Addax Guardian lower receiver is an extremely rare high-quality lower receiver (search around and see if you can find another one) and will probably increase in value provided I don't modify it.

I am completely with you. It IS a great design. That's not why I am bummed out about it. Like I said, it's all about color and plastic. Synthetic trigger guards don't suffer finish wear. That's why I prefer the Magpul winter guard. A machined trigger guard is going to be a minus to me no matter how good a design it is. But it's also not a very big deal. I made the order and waited the year and 1 month knowing it would have that trigger guard.

BTW. For the record, I also happen to agree with Chris Haddadian's reason for it. According to him, apart from the design it's self, he wanted to minimize the risk of damage to the receiver during LPK installation, so he took punching the roll pin in to the trigger guard out of the equation. For my own personal interests, removable would be better. But Addax Tactical doesn't exist to cater to my own every last personal preference. For the bulk of customers, it makes the most sense and is a decision I couldn't agree with him more on.