• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Greeeeeedy b@$tards!!!

liquormann

With the tight regulation on magazine capacity here in California I figured I'd have my father who lives in Nevada go get something larger than a 10 rounder for me. He walks in to the gun store tells the guy what he wants to buy, gun store says, "yeah I get $125.00 for those now per magazine".

Talk about freakin greed and taking advantage of a lousy situation!!!

I am keeping a running list of online dealers who increased their prices (outrageously) in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting so that I never do business with them again.  Many people with say that is basic economics, but that argument loses weight when DSG, Brownells, Midway, and the like are still selling them at regular prices. 

Please don't get me wrong, I don't mind people adjusting prices based on supply and demand, but there were some companies that doubled and tripled their prices within a day or two of the shooting. 

I went to local gun show in Fort Worth yesterday looking for FAL magazines.  I saw a few that someone wanted $65 each.  I went a couple of aisles over and found better looking ones for $25 each. 

The biggest price jump I saw was on an FN Scar 17.  A month ago it would have been less that $3K.  Yesterday it was priced at $6500. :cookoo:  This was at a large gun show dealer that is at almost all of the local shows.

I am keeping a running list of online dealers who increased their prices (outrageously) in the wake of the Sandy Hook shooting so that I never do business with them again.  Many people with say that is basic economics, but that argument loses weight when DSG, Brownells, Midway, and the like are still selling them at regular prices. 

Please don't get me wrong, I don't mind people adjusting prices based on supply and demand, but there were some companies that doubled and tripled their prices within a day or two of the shooting.

Is there a "Wall Of Shame" here?