• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

What tablet to get?

washguy

Happy New Year  Everyone!

at the end of the month im going in for double knee replacements....might as well as the Doc has a two fer sale going on! so Char wants to get me a tablet for my hospital stay so i wont drive everyone nutz <laughs>  so guys whats the lowdown on tablets? android is prolly the os we want...so tell us which one?

Wash

Hi Robo    which model please? :)  Wash

Samsung Galaxy Note™ 10.1" (Wi-Fi) 32GB: GT-N8013

Or if price is an issue...

Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 2 10.1 (Wi-Fi) 16GB: GT-P5113

You still get the same quality hi-res screen, just less memory. The Note also has a slightly more powerful CPU... Just slightly though.

Lot's of things to consider but budget is a big one and what you are going to use it for is another. Typically Apple products are the most intuitive for non techies, they have some of the best apps and great accessories. They are also pricey. Android stuff is great but because the software is not a closed system the hardware manufacturers and phone carriers take a lot of liberties. Great Android devices can be found pretty cheap. Downside is that not all apps will work the same with all devices for the previously mentioned reasons. There are some nice Windows 8 tablets even ones that have options that allow for keyboards and such. They are pricey. A nice feature though if you have a Win 8 pc you can set it up so that your tablet and desktop sync personal settings and customizations so your experience is the same on both devices.

Asus and Samsung both make great tablets. Both have ways to have keyboard like docking stations like the Win 8 devices.

Recently I gave away my HP tablet to the mother inlaw. I went back to using at notebook. In fact bought a new one.  I almost bought the Dell  Ultrabook Convertible. You can use it as a tablet or notebook. having the convenience of both types of devices comes at a premium price.

my GF has a kindle fire non HD shes had it for a year now and loves it, also had the prime membership which is like 90$ for a year and incules all kinds of stuff like free movies books and discounted shipping on amazon.com.

me dad just got an Ipad reg sized he;s addicted to it like a bum on crack LOL