• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Makes you wonder, I don't put nothing past the government...

BLKSHEEP

Plenty of examples of Prozac and Ritalin in John's last facebook post.  That combination is FUCKED UP.  Ritalin is nothing more than speed - I poop you not.  Ritalin is Methylphenidate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylphenidate

Why the fcuk would you put someone on Prozac, AND speed?!... 

Ritalin, by itself, even though there are many examples by John Noveske, would not be a drug that would make motherfuckers freak out and start shooting people.  The other drugs are a different story.

As a side not, I have alot of experience with Ritalin, and other AD/HD drugs, with my son.  I've been dealing with this poop for over 11 years now, with the drugs.  AD/HD-treatment poop won't make a kid freak out and starting shooting people. 

Combined with a psychological "fracture", common in already mentally ill teens, Ritalin can provide the little extra push needed into psychotic episodes.

bullpoopy.  Ritalin won't do it.  It's an AD/HD med, and it works wonders in AD/HD kids (along with it's derivitives, the XR drugs, or Extended Release).  Adderal, Conterta, etc. 

If Ritalin caused mass shootings, then we'd see more mass shooting or major traumatic episodes from people on illegal speed.

Combined with a psychological "fracture", common in already mentally ill teens, Ritalin can provide the little extra push needed into psychotic episodes.

Or any other hard drug.

The "experts" are still arguing about drugs and Severe Mental Illness.

Jon

More often than not,stimulants will have a reverse effect on people with ADD and other hyperactive disorders when taken as prescribed.

More often than not,stimulants will have a reverse effect on people with ADD and other hyperactive disorders when taken as prescribed.

Exactly - the reason for prescription in the first place, is what ADD and AD/HD do to the body - the brain is going so fast that the body can't keep up, and the result is the "attention deficit."  Speed the body up to the brain-speed, and they function normally.  You have to "experiment" with the levels of these drugs, to hit the right dosage, and that changes with age/maturity.

I can say this, too - when the dosage is too high, they slow down.  You can dope up an AD/HD kid with too high of a dosage, and they're drooling on themselves in a corner.  I've been living this for 11 years with my son, and I know all about it.  Hitting the right dosage of the med is critical, in helping them out.  If they're "under-speeded," they can't pay attention, if they're "over-speeded," they shut down and can't perform.

Ritalin is NOT the reason in these cases, either over-dosed, under-dosed, whatever. 

IF these people in these cases are even supposed to have it in the first place.

On its own, no.

Like I said above, those already experiencing psychological issues, which I don't believe AD/HD is.  I'm talking borderline personality disorders, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder.

Since before I started working with the SMI community back in '91 or '92, the "expert" researchers have been arguing over what used to be called "dual diagnosis" (it is something else now), that being were people mentally ill and attracted to drug use as self-medication or were they already in a fragile mental state, which snapped after using street drugs.

Only one study I've seen mentioned attempted to correlate prescription drugs in youth to researching this theory.  As with most anything that attempts to show a connection between Big Pharma and health issues, it was the only time I'd seen a mention of it.

And even if Ritalin, Zoloft, Prozac, Paxil, Celexa, ARE used by millions upon millions of people safely every single day (and they are), that doesn't mean that they aren't a contributing factor in a chain of events.

It is societal hypocrisy to say it isn't prescription drugs that are used by millions of people when just a few do bad things, yet we are willing to blame the illegal drug when a few of the millions of meth heads are the bad apples.

But studies have been done with severly mentally ill that have been on street drugs...because that IS ok to study.

I've seen hyperactive kids settle down when given a good dose of caffiene.  Why aren't they prescribing espresso?  follow the money

Jon

On its own, no.

Like I said above, those already experiencing psychological issues, which I don't believe AD/HD is.  I'm talking borderline personality disorders, schizophrenia, bi-polar disorder.

Ritalin, and it's spin-off XR drugs, are not prescribed for that... 

Yes!

Now, how many people are out there on ANY drugs that are misdiagnosed?

Jon

Then, knowing that Ritalin and it's spin-offs are "Speed," then why aren't there more speed-related firearms deaths nationwide?  PCP does not factor into that statistic, in any way, by the way.

Again, Ritalin is not the blame, answer, source, etc...

You wouldn't believe the chains of drugs that doctors prescribe to SMI patients, fully 3/4s are to combat side effects of other drugs...if not more.

We had a "client" in one group home that was on so many meds for side effects that they routinely barfed within an hour of taking meds.

Why not more speed (meth) related shootings?  Who knows...probably boils down to weapon availability and impulse control.  Smoking meth in an alley, you freak out, there isn't a pistol there but there is a 2x4.

Again, Ritalin is not the blame, answer, source, etc...

Neither are any of the other drugs on their own, nor video games on their own, nor firearms on their own, nor the mental illness on its own.

Mix them all up and there is the crapfest potential.

Jon

Why not more speed (meth) related shootings?  Who knows...probably boils down to weapon availability and impulse control.  Smoking meth in an alley, you freak out, there isn't a pistol there but there is a 2x4.

Now you're talking Meth, and speed - that's comparing apples to hammers.  Not even the same thing, brother.  Street-cooked poop isn't even the same as Ritalin.

Now you're talking Meth, and speed - that's comparing apples to hammers.  Not even the same thing, brother.

They are in my mind.  Amphetemine or methamphetamine, opium or heroin or oxycontin, etc.

I started ditching the sorcerer's concoctions about 15 years ago.  Nothing but trouble IMO.

Jon

They are in my mind.  Amphetemine or methamphetamine, opium or heroin or oxycontin, etc.

I started ditching the sorcerer's concoctions about 15 years ago.  Nothing but trouble IMO.

Jon

Look at the colors - that's how many drugs you just combined directly into the same catergory. They don't have the same effects, brother...  :bitchslap:

ADD and AD/HD - the difference is the Hyperactivity.  You are, or you aren't, hyperactive.  The attention deficit is the same.  Males are more prone to hyperactivity than females.  Doesn't mean it can't go the other way, just the way the statistics work. 

Adderall is a trainwreck in a younder kid.  It works to control the ADD or AD/HD, but the emotional poop you go through when the drug wears off, and they're coming down, is a nightmare.  Fcuk Adderall, in a kid.  Not so much, in an adult, so it might work for you.  For a 5 to 7 year old, forget about it. 

Maybe the Adderall works for you, but watch out for the effects when it's wearing off.  You're old enough to gauge that yourself. 

I'm AD/HD, and have been since a kid.  Bet that wasn't apparent, here...  <lmao>

The only thing I took as a kid was "regular ass-whoopin's."  :o  :bitchslap:  I wasn't "bad enough," back then, to be on any meds.  Back then, the only med out there was Ritalin. 

Yeah, we had those kids that were on it.  THEY WERE WHACKED.  Back then.

Man, if you had to be on something to control yourself, you were WAY hyper...  <dontknow>

Now, not so much, anymore.  poop, my kid was diagnosed as AD/HD by a fucking SCHOOL NURSE in California, and he was PRESCRIBED Adderall by that same SCHOOL NURSE in California - no doctor visit or confirmation needed, and the school nurse put him on meds without even informing my ex-wife.  That's the way they did it in California, in 2002.  No poop. 

I battled that, and got him back in August 2002, and took him straight to a Behavioral Pediatrician in WA State.  I'll be damned - that school nurse in Cali was right - he was AD/HD.  Severe AD/HD.  The kid has it bad enough that he'll probably need med-assistance his whole life, just to work around it.  Otherwise, he'll never be able to focus on tying his damn shoes in the morning.

Adderall in him was bad.  It worked great, while he was in school - the focus was there.  When it wore off, he was whiny, crying all the time, aggitated, etc.  Watch for that poop, when the drug is wearing off.  If you get those effects when it's wearing off, tell your doc that you want to try Concerta XR.  FAR better.  <thumbsup>

Same thing I thought - I was deployed at the time, and the kid was with the ex, in Cali.  When I got back, that was what I was told, and he was already on meds - and hadn't even seen a real Doc yet.  I went to the best Doc I could find in the PNW, and damn,...  the poop was true.  He was AD/HD by a WIDE MARGINE.  The nurse in Cali called it, but she was the only one involved in the initial diagnosis and the med prescription - THAT was bullpoopy!

Here's another aspect that shepp brought up about this conversation, in another thread:

This link that you made wasn't discussed in the other thread - I'll cross that over right now.  Lot's to think about in that, right there.  <thumbsup>

i was on a mild anti depressant for a while (runs in the family dad and his mother). quit taking it for two reasons, cleaned some BS outta my life and i had vivid F'd up dreams like acid trips!? our nation is over medicated plain and simple it should be illegal to advertise script drugs on TV because im pretty sure ive got fiber mialga and im thinking about getting herpies because those people look like they are enjoying the fornicate outta life in the commercials.

i went to shcool with a kid that was on ritalin, he hated what the poop did to him. at lunch time he would go to the office take it put it under his tounge and come to the lunch room and spit it out. but ive also got two friends that have boys who are a complete mess if they dont take their meds (im unsure what they take) some cases i think its a good thing, BUT for the most part i think its way over used instead of like what tom stated before a good what for across the ass when that was "legal".

BUT for the most part i think its way over used instead of like what tom stated before a good what for across the ass when that was "legal".

Ass Whoopin's stopped in this country - and guess what?  Things went to poop.

Parents don't raise their damn children anymore - they expect the schools to do it.  Pu$$y parents complained when their punk-ass kids took the damn paddle in school, and THAT stopped. 

Where we at now?  I GUARANTEE you all, this right here:  Start whipping the poop out of punk-ass kids in schools, and this country will be MUCH better off.  It WILL startt to turn around, and IMMEDIATELY, it will start to turn around.  Just watch.

I think if you WHIP THAT ASS in the gymnasium, in front of the WHOLE SCHOOL - it'll start to turn around faster.  <thumbsup>

"Tough kids" and "Gang kids" and whatever else - Whip that ass, IN school.  They need to realize pretty damn fast that they are NOT in charge, and they are NOT the ones making the decisions. 

I volunteer.  I'll start it all, in the first school that someone can find for me.  I don't even care if it's in some poop-hole inner city.  I've already volunteered in all the schools my kid has been in, and they're too gay to take me up on the offer.  In fact, I was at the school today for some poop, and I told the lady my kid was getting his ass whipped if what she said was true.  What she said was true, too.  :bitchslap:

Ass Whoopin's stopped in this country - and guess what?  Things went to poop.

Parents don't raise their damn children anymore - they expect the schools to do it.  Pu$$y parents complained when their punk-ass kids took the damn paddle in school, and THAT stopped. 

Where we at now?  I GUARANTEE you all, this right here:  Start whipping the poop out of punk-ass kids in schools, and this country will be MUCH better off.  It WILL startt to turn around, and IMMEDIATELY, it will start to turn around.  Just watch.

I think if you WHIP THAT ASS in the gymnasium, in front of the WHOLE SCHOOL - it'll start to turn around faster.  <thumbsup>

"Tough kids" and "Gang kids" and whatever else - Whip that ass, IN school.  They need to realize pretty damn fast that they are NOT in charge, and they are NOT the ones making the decisions. 

I volunteer.  I'll start it all, in the first school that someone can find for me.  I don't even care if it's in some poop-hole inner city.  I've already volunteered in all the schools my kid has been in, and they're too gay to take me up on the offer.  In fact, I was at the school today for some poop, and I told the lady my kid was getting his ass whipped if what she said was true.  What she said was true, too.  :bitchslap:

truth!!!!