• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SI Defense 308 BCGs

Guill732

I got an email from SI defense this weekend stating they are about to start selling NiB coated and 416 stainless 308 BCGs. They are putting names on an order list. There's no pricing data yet. Thought I'd give everyone a heads up. You might want to call or email if you're looking for a BCG sometime soon. I had asked about these a few months back and they said they were working on getting them for sale beginning of this year.

Just a heads up...

I have a SI Defense .308 BCG. It is a phenominal piece of equipment. SI Defense makes A+ quality parts. The caution is, their bolt carrier group was selling between $425 to $625 BEFORE everything went crazy.

One of the best products out there, but you will pay for that quality!

Guill, I just received email from Chris. I asked about .308 receivers and BCG. He stated they aren't producing BCG's, but receivers will start in 3 weeks.

""Thank you for your interest in our products.  We are only about 3 weeks out on 308 matched upper and lower receiver sets.  We are not in production with bolt carrier groups.  Feel free to call and place an order for your matched sets.

Chris Baldwin

SI Defense Manager

My email came from a Lisa Caffrey. Maybe she meant receiver and put BCG instead?

"Good Morning,

We are going to be selling the 308 BCG's in nickel boran and 416 stainless. I'm making a list of people who want them. Im not sure yet of the price just yet. Do you want me to add you to the list?

--

Lisa Caffrey

SI Defense

2902 Highway 93 North

Kalispell, MT 59901

406-752-4253

406-755-1302 Fax"

"308 BCG's in nickel boran and 416 stainless"

All those terms wouldn't be used for describing a receiver. I'm sure SI-D will produce their BCG's again... Eventually.

SI-D and NEMO Arms are having some personnel issues right now. I don't want to dive into others troubles... But I'm sure there was an awkward holiday season last year in northern MT.

Now that Shot is done we just have to endure the current climate. SI-D and NEMO both have government aerospace contracts that makes up a HUGE percentage of their work.

• 2 weeks later...

I had ordered my set and one for my FFL two weeks ago today and had a tracking number for shipment yesterday. The built two DPMS low profile platforms and had them shipped in under two weeks! I can't wait to see them.

Give them a call and talk to Lisa. She was helpful and responded back to my emails fast.

They are also making a list for who wants BCG's made. They plan on a limited run on the BCG due to other obligations for contracts. Doesn't sound like any complete builds from them in the foreseeable future.

• 2 weeks later...

Email from yesterday: they up'd the check back week(s).

Great to hear that, the cost of the 308 bolt carrier group is $310.00.  We will be taking orders for these when we get closer to production.  Feel free to contact us in about six weeks to check on status.

Chris Baldwin

SI Defense Manager

That is a new price for SI-D. The price it much lower than it started. Originally it was $425 to preorder (back in 2010) then the release date price was $600 in late 2011.

That bought you a shot-peened, tool steel, bolt with NiB coating and a stainless steel carrier with NiB coating.

I was one of the first preorders. When they finally charged me, they only charged the $325.

I haven't seen their bolts recently, but I assume they are the same quality. I spoke to a contact there recently, and she advised that they were going to be making NiB coated BCGs again soon.

Lol ya wasn't even calling about them but I thought I'd ask. I was trying to get anther match 308 set but they are 4 weeks out. And nothing for 223.

Well I dunno, my friend picked up his new .308 SI Defense matched set here at my house yesterday.

SI going to take names for NIB BCG's in week or two.