• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

unscientific poly magazine test

blue109

maybe old news, but i just read all 20+ pages. best, most unbiased mag durability test ive seen. in my opinion they all did well enough to inspire complete confidence. big surprise to me was how tapco mag ran neck and neck with the big dogs. guess i wont thumb my nose next time i see them for a good price.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_17/581741_The_Unscientific_Plastic_Magazine_Test____mobile_users_56k_do_not_click_.html

What ...NO ThermoMELTS !  <dontknow>

I know, brother.

I still have about 8 of those.  I was issued them.  We just called them "water mags," for use in boat/swimming work.  The whole time I had them, I never had an issue with them.  I still run them through the guns from time to time.  <thumbsup>

Couple times I met up with Jon at the Sportmans Warehouse, near him.  They had racks and racks of Thermolds, 20s and 30s, just hanging there.  I think the 20s were $4.99 and the 30s were $6.99.  I kept saying I'd pick some up the next trip, just because the price was down so far. 

Now, I wish I'd picked them up every trip I made up there.  :(

Perhaps not ironically, those Thermolds were sitting in boxes after the crazyness started, behind the gun counter.

Customers would come and ask "Do you have any AR mags?"

"Why yes, we have Thermold 20s and 30s here in this box."

<shift, look around, shift back and forth some more> "Ok...let me get ONE."

<lmao>

Jon

Couple times I met up with Jon at the Sportmans Warehouse, near him.  They had racks and racks of Thermolds, 20s and 30s, just hanging there.  I think the 20s were $4.99 and the 30s were $6.99.  I kept saying I'd pick some up the next trip, just because the price was down so far. 

Now, I wish I'd picked them up every trip I made up there.  :(

I picked up 20 or so ... the 20's work great in the ar pistols.Light weight. Even got a 5 round mag.