• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Winchester Black Talon

Microgunner

I was talking with a guy at the shop yesterday and the conversation turned to ammunition when he showed me his new SIG Nightmare.

I showed him my magazine loaded up with Black Talon .45ACP and he lit up. Asked if I had any more and I said "sure, maybe seven boxes at home".

He immediately began begging me to sell him some and I told him "no, I can't replace it".

Then he upped the antie by offering me $100 per box of twenty!!!

Sold them to him today, too much money to refuse.

I can't believe how much some folks are willing to pay for a box of ammo.

I also have about ten boxes of .357 mag Black Talon and three or four boxes of .30-06 Black Talon at home.

I'm glad I bought them all those years back now.

The Ranger SXT is the same as the old Black Talon, minus being black. The Ranger T series is their upgrade.

Very true, but every time I have tried to explain that to uninformed shooters I end up,walking away shaking my head at their hardheadedness.  The 127 +p+ really does shame the original.

Very true, but every time I have tried to explain that to uninformed shooters I end up,walking away shaking my head at their hardheadedness.  The 127 +p+ really does shame the original.

Sometimes you just cant fix stupid ! They made up their mind before you said the first word.

Win Ranger ammo is the $h!t.

Rem Golden Saber ,Hornady XTP are also killers !

My brother shot a guy with a Winchester Black Talon .45ACP right through the calf

Broke his leg.

Which is pretty mild considering the BT's reputation at the time. We expected the BG's head to pop off.  ;D

and take out 3 of his family members within a 50 mile radius.  I think the hype would have died down if they had a white version "Cracker Talon" available.

The smart name would have been simply to call them "Perp" . I carry a C&L 1911 loaded with "Perp Rounds"