• Trijicon
    • Nikon
    • BSA
    • Bushnell
    • Leupold
    • Zeiss
    • Seals

• 1 month later...

I'm using a Leupold 2 1/2-8 VX-III because I had a spare one. It would work fine for a hunting scope, needs a little morre power for bench testing loads and shooting small varmints. I would like to try the Bushnell 6500, I think it is 3.5-24. Should cover the whole range of shooting options pretty well if it's durable enough.

• 1 month later...

I just took off my Leupy and put on a new Millett TRS-1. It seems to be a decent scope for the price. The only trouble I've had is the clicks seem to be closer to 1/2" than the stated 1/4". I never really liked tactical knobs on a field gun, but these have a lock on them so they shouldn't get accidently out of adjustment.

I've been eyeballing that TRS-1 for awhile now, and almost picked it up twice now.  For some reason I keep putting it off.  I'd be interested in hearing updates on it as time goes by.

I've got a Bushnell Trophy red dot on one AR, a Bushnell Trophy 3/9x40 on another, and a Cabela's 3/12x40 on the .308.  I have no idea who makes that scope for Cabela's, but it's not too bad at all.  Getting ready to pick up a Burris XTS-135 red dot for another AR, so I'll get something up on that one in a couple weeks.

The TRS-1 seems to be doing well. I've put about a hundred rounds through it and it is holding up just fine. I like the reticle, it is finer than a lot of mildots. It has a click you can feel at the 10x setting where you would use the mil scale. The illuminated reticle works well and has a good range of adjustment including a night vision setting. The side focus is easy to use and the range markings are close enough to use as a range finder if necessary. I highly recommend the side focus, it is much more convenient than the objective focus.