• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

KAC URX rail

Jgun

• 1 month later...

Imshur, who's rail is that?

That's the Wilson Combat T.R.I.M. Rail system.

KAC, Noveske, Wilson Combat and Geissele all made very similar modular rail systems. Now they are all adding keymod to their rails too. I'm hard pressed about which one I like more. I'm interested to see what comes out by the end of the year.

How do they say it... "A fix for a problem that didn't exist."

I think if someone designed a quick release style keymod accessory, then it'd be worth it. The whole point of the concept was for easier modification of accessories.... How often do people change/swap accessories???

If the keymod feels anything like the Troy Alpha rail, I'm out for sure. I didn't care for that at all. (The Troy Alpha VTAC is a different story, and I really enjoy that piece on my 7.62x39 build)

I don't wish to take this anywhere, but I was led to understand that the intent of the keymod was so that accessories could be mounted directly to the handguard without the need for an intermidiate rail and mount. I believe the idea was to get everything closer to the barrels bore axis, along with substantial weight savings. I don't know this  to be a fact, but I'd assume that the target user would be LEO and military. If the accessories start being offered with the hole/studs to interface with the rails, and the Military and LEO embrace the concept, we may find that in time the pic railed handguards are phased out. I, personally prefer the rail to the keymod in appearance, although I must admit, I rarely make much use of the rails, and the guns I've handled with the keymod FF tubes (no rails or accessories mounted) are noticably lighter than any of my guns with a railed handguard but no accessories mounted.