• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sig 716 Precision

phunk

I am sure you are all well aware of this rifle.

http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/sig716-precision.aspx

I have been looking at that page for months, but the rifle seems unavailable, even if you were willing to pay a premium.

2 weeks ago I saw one listed on GunBroker... I dont know if it was real or not but it went over $3000.

Has anyone seen one in person? Being a Sig fan, and loving my Sig AR15.., Every time I pay my credit card down to zero, I look and see if I can find one of these somewhere. Then nope, so I buy other toys and check next time.

Admittedly, I have not spent appropriate time investigating other manufacturers for comparable offerings in 308 AR. Most my research has been spent in investigating my own build.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally received mine, It is totally different from the 716 patrol or the 716 #gun heavy in fact its different from the picture on Sigs web site. From what I was told they were not happy with the performance of the precision and went back to the drawing board so to speak and totally re-designed it.  It turned out to be almost 6 mo but Im sure happy with the results. It shoots like a dream. The factory was getting 1/3" moa out of it with 185 grn Lapua.  I think anybody who waited will be glad they did. Its heavy, its tight it needs a good cleaning and a good lube, If you do that it will run very well.  Its exactly what I wanted, This rifle will not be for everybody for sure, But it works for me

:wwop:      <munch> 

I finally received mine, It is totally different from the 716 patrol or the 716 #gun heavy in fact its different from the picture on Sigs web site. From what I was told they were not happy with the performance of the precision and went back to the drawing board so to speak and totally re-designed it.  It turned out to be almost 6 mo but Im sure happy with the results. It shoots like a dream. The factory was getting 1/3" moa out of it with 185 grn Lapua.  I think anybody who waited will be glad they did. Its heavy, its tight it needs a good cleaning and a good lube, If you do that it will run very well.  Its exactly what I wanted, This rifle will not be for everybody for sure, But it works for me