• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

To thread or not to thread??

usmc90

I have an dpms LR308 with a 24" stainless fluted bull barrel and am thinking about have the barrel machined to accept a muzzle break/flash suppressor??

Any thoughts, pro's ,  con's ???

If a good idea then any suggestions as to who??..

I live in central Illinois..

thanks in advance

Sure, have it cut down to 18" to 20" at the same time, too - you'll thank yourself later, unless it's a bench-only gun that you're squeezing the max accuracy out of.  Ship it off to ADCO, in Ohio.  'Bout the best in the business, as far as a non-factory AR gunsmith goes.

Sure, have it cut down to 18" to 20" at the same time, too - you'll thank yourself later, unless it's a bench-only gun that you're squeezing the max accuracy out of.  Ship it off to ADCO, in Ohio.  'Bout the best in the business, as far as a non-factory AR gunsmith goes.

I thought about doing exactly that when I had that beastly 24" deal from DPMS, but the thought of all the dirty looks I would get for the interrupted fluting held me back.

I thought about doing exactly that when I had that beastly 24" deal from DPMS, but the thought of all the dirty looks I would get for the interrupted fluting held me back.

Cut it to 18, find an 18" carbon fiber handguard :) nobody will see the interrupted fluting then

My LR308 has the 18" heavy barrel. I had the portion in front of the gasblock turned down to .750 diameter and had the muzzle cut and threaded for a brake that Rene (Unforgiven) sent me. I have a parkerizing setup and reparkerized it. You can't tell it from the factory fifnish. All the work was down by a machinist friend of mine so I can't really help you on who to send yours to.