• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My XDm9 is finished

Microgunner

for now, maybe.

I received the Powder River Precision Ultimate Match Trigger Kit Monday and installed it Tuesday.

What a difference! Like day and night.

Trigger is light at about 3.5# with a very short take up and very short reset. I'm in love.

The kit took three or four hours of fitting because I didn't buy the drop in kit and the new sear and trigger over travel stop needed a bit of filing which I did in small increments requiring disassembly and reassembly of the pistiol numerous times.

It was worth the efffort though.

I can recommend this kit if you have the patience. My finger tips are very sore today.

post-12024-0-52408800-1368714118_thumb.j

post-12024-0-44351900-1368714125_thumb.j

OK, I lied. I just ordered the PRP titanium striker safety, titanium striker indicator and the reduced power springs these titanium parts will allow me to use.

Supposed to drop another half pound off the trigger pull.

Would've ordered their polished striker except they were out of stock.

I'll end up getting it soon enough.

This firearm drought is going to result in me doo-dading up a bunch of firearms I already own.

Gotta satisfy my firearm shopping bug somehow, don't I?

How sturdy and how stout is that laser?  Would you be able to conduct one-handed slide racking with only that sight assembly?

Jon

I've practiced racking the slide on a hard edge with the laser many times without any damage.

My only complaint is the battery cap begins to loosen after it's been fired 50 rounds or so and if you over tighten the cap to try to prevent this the laser malfunctions.

Since the laser is still on it's first set of batteries and it looks like they will last for quite a while between changes, I may add a tiny drop of blue LockTite to try to prevent this design flaw. 

Otherwise, I'm a big fan.

I've practiced racking the slide on a hard edge with the laser many times without any damage.

My only complaint is the battery cap begins to loosen after it's been fired 50 rounds or so and if you over tighten the cap to try to prevent this the laser malfunctions.

Since the laser is still on it's first set of batteries and it looks like they will last for quite a while between changes, I may add a tiny drop of blue LockTite to try to prevent this design flaw.

Otherwise, I'm a big fan.

I was going to say a touch of thread lock or alil thread sealer maybe :)

That's a sexy looking gun sir! Can I see a top view if you have one by chance

Installed the new parts. Trigger pull is even lighter now. Very light for a combat pistol.

Managed to launch the striker spring guide across the room never to be heard from again.

Robbed the guide off my SA XD-40 V10, (it hasn't even been loaded in five years), to get the XDm-9 up and running.

Ordered a couple spares today. One to replace the lost one and one, well, because I've seen me work on guns before.