• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Finished with my Build!!! Just a few pics for you!!!

TacBlade

I just finished this up. Got my scope mount today and only need to get a scope to finish it up.  Had a few problems with extracting, but it all cleared up after 40 rounds.  I just pointed it down range to test fire for function.  I could list out all I have on it, but I will just let you ask questions if you want to.  The inside has a JP Bolt and Carrrier and a buffer and spring from HeavyBuffers.com.  Have a good one!!! Sorry about the terrible pics, but I am working on getting a setup for the proper lighting to take some better ones. <thumbsup>

post-302-136297264668_thumb.jpg

post-302-136297264678_thumb.jpg

post-302-136297264684_thumb.jpg

TacBlade,

Very nice, indeed!! 

If they make Krylon Fusion in the right color, this stuff is amazing!  I bought my wife a used treadmill and repainted the belt with it and it looked great and stayed that way!  If it can adhere to a vinyl belt that is walked on without peeling and cracking, I have no doubt that it will stay put on a Pmag with no problem.

DocLarsen

• 2 months later...

TacBlade - Could I talk you into taking a couple close-up pictures of the upper & lower assembly?  I've got a CMMG MK-3 lower & I was hoping to see how it looks with the DPMS upper, as I'm thinking of going that direction with mine.  ;)

Also, I've got a DPMS .308 LR parts kit...  Will everything in that kit work on my CMMG lower, does anybody know?

Thanks!

Not a whole lot different.  I have just recently put the adjustable gas block from JP on and I have only test fired it.  I have not been to the range to do some real shooting.  I think I have the gas holes off some and I am trying to get that straightened out now.

I used the DPMS parts kit in mine and everything work good!!!  There was some play between the upper and lower, so I used a JP tension pin to tighten it up and make it solid.

Perfect!!! That was EXACTLY what I was looking to see.  I may need to order one of the JP tension pins when I decide to order an upper...

Thanks!  <thumbsup>

• 3 weeks later...

Man!!!  That looks nice!!!  I am wanting a 6.8 and a........ .204, 458 socom, 450 Bushmaster, 260, .50 Beowulf and...  LOL!!!

Ha, yea i know, i've got a bunch of 5.56's, and now 3 6.8's, have the P308 and think i'm going to have to do the 458 SOCOM next, or the Beowulf or something, haven't decided

the 6.8 above has the ARP upper with all the lastest specs, lower is spikes, parts are RRA with NM 2 stage trigger...

• 1 month later...

Tacblade,

I was wondering if you had done any testing with that adjustable gas block yet? I've decided that I want to try the JP low mass bolt carrier on the 300 I'm presently putting together. I have an adjustable GB on it also, and was wondering if it was much trouble tuning the gas impulse for minimum needed to cycle? By the way, I really like the look of the Vtac handguard. Any idea what it weighs?

I have not done much of anything with it, as it has been so flippin cold and snowy here.  It just got to comfortable temps now, but now its muddy as hell here.  I did just go out my back door and test fired the rifle with it on.  It seems that I might have the gas holes not quite lined up.  I have to back out the adjustment 3.5 turns for it to function right.  I have read a couple different topics on another board about the JP block and they where backing out the screw just 1.5 turns and they said that is all you should need, especially on a .308 platform.  So, I have to get the holes lined up right before I try anything again.  That will be very soon, I hope? I really like the VTac handguard. You can put on any amount of rails you want or need. Do you mean what does the hand guard weight by itself?  Its way lighter than a regular quad rail, but not sure of the exact weight. I would think JP or Vtac has that on their sites? Anyways, I will post up more info on my entire gun, after I get it tuned in and get some groups shot. Have a good one...