• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Where/How is best to buy upper parts?

Gray05

So, I'm switching back and forth between CMMG, DPMS, and Fulton Armory to find all the misc parts I need. 

Ejection Port Cover

Ejection Port Cover Pin

Ejection Port Cover Spring

Forward Assist Assembly

Charging Handle

How is it that I have to buy all of these parts individually?! Is there a better place to buy? 

Just the ejection port cover is $20 and then I have to buy the pin and spring individually?

Please tell me there is a better store/manufacturer that I don't know about.

So, I'm switching back and forth between CMMG, DPMS, and Fulton Armory to find all the misc parts I need. 

Ejection Port Cover

Ejection Port Cover Pin

Ejection Port Cover Spring

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=EMK009&ReturnUrl=Categories.aspx?Category=971f6cc7-bc13-4a89-a527-7e5d6ad2fb82

Forward Assist Assembly

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=EMK007&Category=0db4d594-2661-45e9-b54d-c537311725f1

Charging Handle

They're not showing charging handles in stock. But you can find them anywhere.

How is it that I have to buy all of these parts individually?! Is there a better place to buy? 

Just the ejection port cover is $20 and then I have to buy the pin and spring individually?

Please tell me there is a better store/manufacturer that I don't know about.

Just have to get lucky and find as many in stock at the same place. Del-ton usually stocks all the 5.56 small parts. I've had good luck with jsesurplus in the past for both platforms. Brownells has been pretty decent lately. When I need something I usually just google the crap out of it and crossreference with the other parts I need. Little trick...sometimes doing an image search will take you to vendors that don't pop up in normal searches. I've found some great deals that way. Just look at the image Web address to see if it originates at a store.

Midway gets small parts in regularly.

If you read through this board, you'll see that all the "problem" threads have a common theme... Cmmg parts! I understand they can make some good parts. They just aren't consistent enough for me to use their parts on a rifle that costs this much money.

I use cheap DPMS parts for simple parts like ejection port cover assemblies, forward assists (since i have never needed to use one) and takedown/pivot pins. I use slightly more expensive Armalite for functional parts like the magazine release and bolt catch. I always go for aftermarket safety selectors, triggers and charging handles.