• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Good read on the current ammo shortage

My LGS is getting in regular shipments of powder, and ammo.   Her stocks are slowley buliding up.  Saw more powder on the shelf today than I have in months!!!   Regular shipments of 223, and 7.62X39, but little 308.

22's still gone as soon as she gets them.

Respectfully

Terry

Powder is disappearing for the same reason as .22 and other caliber ammos...the douchewads that go into the store and buy everything on the shelves.

Many of these then end up at gunshows, being sold for prices 5 times what the seller bought it for retail.

Jon

Sad but true brother.

How can this be bad for manufacturers ? Instead of having stock in a warehouse , all future orders are sold before even produced . I hardly see a problem there for the ammo or gun manufacturers , just profits .

All Gov. contracts are filled first ,before commercial sales , but not all types.

actually, the government contract stuff sits in a warehouse until it is called for. .GOV places an order. The manufacturer has to hold that amount aside and can not sell it. So, they produce until they have that quantity on hand. THEN they can start manufacturing for commercial sale. In the mean time, their warehouse is sitting full of unsaleable stock and they have back orders to deal with.

I was at the gun show and this manufacturer told me they have powder on the back order fro past 6 months. They have their machines sitting idle for it.

Also found out OSHA is goining to put new regulations out in 2014 which will all but kill the online ammo sales. We'll be paying another $30 to $90 for any online shipment.

Also found out OSHA is goining to put new regulations out in 2014 which will all but kill the online ammo sales. We'll be paying another $30 to $90 for any online shipment.

Scairt the crap outta me, so I went looking. Yes, OSHA was going to regulate ammo the same as explosives, requiring delivery drivers to stay within 50 feet of ammo deliveries and customers would be frisked for matches, cigarette lighters etc. before being allowed near them. And you'd have to evacuate Wal-Mart ("explosives facility") during a thunderstorm.

But that was back in 2007. It looks like we "dodged the bullet" on that one, but that doesn't mean they aren't still thinking about it. Time to join the NRA!

They put enough fear into everyone, and ordered a poop load of ammo (orders that have priority over ours bought with our money),in order to dry it up for a long time, now online ordering, they are still getting gun control just not the full frontal assault we expected. Hell its still so hard to get ammo I just quit shooting my stuff, my buddies all called me hoarders but they have been out for 9 months plus, I still have plenty but with more scare tactics on the horizon I don't want to deplete my stockpile anymore. I might be de-linking just to shoot the ar and m1a. Its time to join every gun rights group we can afford to join. Off to the G.O.A. site now.

• 11 months later...

Seems the latest news about the ammo shortage is now out of Iraq

Iraq crisis: In Baghdad, the fear index is the price of a bullet and it has tripled - The Independent (UK) - June 16, 2014
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/iraq-crisis-in-baghdad-the-fear-index-is-the-price-of-a-bullet-and-it-has-tripled-9541893.html