• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Precision .308AR Questions

D.R.D.

You talking about upper receivers or lower receivers, here?

The DPMS lower receiver is billet machined, not forged.  Several of us have them, myself included.  It works.  That's about all that can be said for it - it's not fancy, but works well.

Several others have the JD Machine uppers and lowers - which are great.  I'm not aware of anybody here that's active in posting that owns a Sun Devil set.  MikeDaddyH knows about the Sun Devil stuff, though, so maybe he'll chime in.  They're good, I know that much.

Or because they are really nice, and full ambi

hehe... and that's why we're working at our shop to make our own billet upper/lower receivers.   :D

...other projects get in the way so it's been pushed out. Well, as long as we're waiting on our FFL....

Edited by shibiwan

What's the difference? Weight, durability, build quality, fit and finish, materials? Would you trust the Burris if push came to shove?

Differences highlighted.  Would I trust it?  I wouldn't try to beat someone to death with it, but I don't think it's going to fail.  It's a big piece of aluminum. 

That's a great price for a PEPR mount. They were super popular a while back. I never saw a need for the top picatinny mounts. I don't care much for the piggy-back red dot.

I really like my ADM AD-RECON mount though. I just put one on my 1-6x. Once I got it fit, it locked on tight.

If the cost can be covered, I think the ADM is worth it. If the cost is too much, I think the Burris is good enough.