• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Full day of reloading/case prep

bubbasks

Well i finally had a chance to catch up on some bench time. Started at 9am and ended at 10:15 pm stopping only for food and bathtoom breaks.

The bad: hands are beat and blistered and broke two decapping pins.

The good: all brass in calibers i shoot are prepped and/ or reloaded.

Todays haul: all cases before today were ourdoor range pickups and needed cleaning and tumbling.

1700 9mm resized and primed

900 223 resized, primed and camphered

80 308 resized and primed. 20 loaded and ready to test. Half 2.82 half 2.83

Resize, prime, and loaded 100 44 mag and 40 44 spl

500 45acp resized and primed.

Long day and glad its done. I hate case prep haha. All done on LnL single stage. Just need some projos gor the 9mm and 45 and theyre ready to load. 223 is ready buy im beat. Hope yall had a good weekend!

You didn't mention trimming the rifle cases , that makes it so much more fun . <thumbsup>  I take days & some times weeks to load ammo , well wait , that was before I retired  :banana:  I still don't do a lot at one sitting , I like to spread it out .

My target loads are all done on a single stage press & individually hand weighed . That takes some time .

No wonder you hate case prep ! Dude you make it like work.

I would have taken two weeks to do that al

Haha normally i do it as it comes in each week but ive been busy and/or slacking. Most of this when done gets added into the ammo cans with the others.

Lol 223 it depends on wether im making bulk ammo or precision ammo. This is bulk once fired so no trimming. Anything precision including the 308s and 7mm are trimmed, bullets,cases and charges individually weighed in batches.

One day ill get a turret or progressive but for now its the ol single stage.

I've got AT LEAST 5K .223 once fired brass and about the same amount of once fired 40 S&W I need to process, and my buddy in El Paso that works at White Sands Missile Range just called and told me he's got me a 5 gal. bucket full of 7.62 brass! I think I may go rent a cement mixer to tumble all this stuff!

I've got AT LEAST 5K .223 once fired brass and about the same amount of once fired 40 S&W I need to process, and my buddy in El Paso that works at White Sands Missile Range just called and told me he's got me a 5 gal. bucket full of 7.62 brass! I think I may go rent a cement mixer to tumble all this stuff!

Buddy was a CW2 at Bliss and they would hook it up too. Im the only one that picks up at the range and i save all. Ive got thousands of crap i dont shoot. People here like 40 and i dont shoot the stuff. Prolly got 3k or so. Ill eventually bite the bullet and get a LnL progressive and stick the single stage on my truck tailgate to load at the range

Oh and i finally got smart and put my campher tool in my drill. Dunno y i never thought of it

I picked up a little widget that holds a Wilson chamfer tool and lets you chuck it in a drill. Best $20 I ever spent. Clamp the drill in the bench vise, lock the trigger back and go to town! I found out it's best to wear gloves though, especially when chamfering primer pockets. I got a nice little .223 caliber cut on my finger when the tool grabbed a case for a second! <laughs>