• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

gun pictures

shepp

I talked to a photographer friend of mine, he's the guy I go to EAA with and inspires me to be better. He told me how his set up is I was using one light a top light, he uses 3 top and rt and lft. I'm going to work with it more as the winter blues set in so I'll post more. Like I said I just kinda decided at a moments notice to do this

Here's two of his

post-12796-0-12123300-1389751776_thumb.j

post-12796-0-32833300-1389751834_thumb.j

Lighting ratios are key. Stronger light to one side, lesser light to the other to fill detail and help squash some of the shadow for main light. Top light (hair light) helps break it from the background. Keep it up. Lighting is fun. Just remember, photography is the art of capturing light. There are so many ways to change the look of a simple object just by changing the intensity and direction of the light source.

Edited by DNP

nice!!

Careful...keep it up and next thing you know you have another expensive hobby. DNP also happens to be a great photographer. Check out Tom's dune images are DNP's build thread

I've had an dslr for 6 years now, trust me I've got plenty of money wrapped up in it. this is just a new style to me, more of an out doorsy/action photographer.

Any yes hemi he's an amazing photographer! Great teacher too..

He is amazing and he's help me a lot, the best thing is he's super down to earth. Like I said I'm more of a natural light person, out doors photographer. I'll go back to the basement and play with it some more.

Here's some "hoar frost" from a few weeks ago

post-12796-0-58240600-1389796947_thumb.j