• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Low Profile DPMS?

mineralman55

not sure why everyone hasn't jumped on board with the new DPMS height. It just makes more sense.

Because the new DPMS height is what it is - NEW. That means you're limited on choice for forends since there are more of them out there that conform to the older standard. There's not much incentive to make accessories for the lo-pro either since there are way more high profile uppers from DPMS and everyone else that are currently being used and manufactured.

...and now there's the NEW(est) GII platform too, my guess is the low profiles will die a natural death soon, especially if DPMS abandons their older pattern.

Edited by shibiwan

If I had to use the new DPMS low profile , I would need a riser & ultra high rings . I have to use ultra high rings as it is to get a good sight picture with my cheek weld .

Well.......I guess us Armalite guys (meaning me for the most part) will just stand back and watch.

HEY! You gotta get some kinda entertainment where you can right?

Watch what ? Just because we use the DPMS Pattern, doesn't mean we have to follow them like a lost dog. Plenty of manufacturers out there making them like the original height rail. We don't need no stinking DPMS ( or Armilite for that matter ) <lmao>

For the record..the new DPMS pattern is the same height over bore as a standard 5.56 gun..I think it was a good call. Probably should have been that way from the start instead of just copying the SR25 height. At least there wouldn't have been all the confusion about what sights work with what.

For the record..the new DPMS pattern is the same height over bore as a standard 5.56 gun..I think it was a good call. Probably should have been that way from the start instead of just copying the SR25 height. At least there wouldn't have been all the confusion about what sights work with what.

Are you referring to the new GII? Yes, those can now even use AR15 handguards.

Talking about the new/low DPMS LR308 height. They lowered it so standard AR gas blocks and FSBs would work better.

If this G2 thing turns out to be a gimmick, they may have shot themselves in the foot. If it is reliable and catches on...the may have just changed the 308 game. Time will tell.

Edited by blue109