• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anybody..

NoFail

Nope still using the corn cob but everybody says the wet tumbling is the way to go if you want that new look. 

Off topic 

Been reworking my 168 gr A-max load because of random pressure issues going to the range in the morning to finalize it and it looks promising. Have you started setting up your new press yet?  

wet tumbling yet? Yeah like with a rock tumbler, Thumler's Tumbler and SS pins?

Shibi stated doing this, with a completely different route to it.  He'll be in here and talk about it.  I'm converting over to the way he's doing it, before too long.  <thumbsup>

No.... I have gone thru, am going thru some hard times of late. My focus is messed up because of it and that should not mix well with this thing we love to do. I think I came here tonight, reloading forum, to write a little and see how I feel. I am not close anymore to the ranges I feel comfortable with and the nearest one from here is not near. Oh, what can I say? I'll get back sooner or later. I miss you and the guys. We were having a blast, I know you were, are, my brother. When I jump back in ill have to take it slow. I think I have lost some loading skills I learned, yeah I'll have to get warmed up again. Idk maybe it will come back fast, I just have not been able to think about it much but I'm trying to now. I do come here and read from time to time. I look forward to reading what you are coming up with for out beloved AMAX. That should get my juices flowing. I have some good loads left over from back then, perhaps if I make myself go on the freeway to the range and shoot them would be good therapy: it's been so long and I have all this bitchen equipment to shoot some good loads.

Seasprite, I shall return

Mike

Here you go. Fingers too dirty with Doritos dust to type it all out.

Additional Notes: 

- 5.56/300 blk brass seem to catch the mixed SS shot in the primer hole. Gotta poke them out with a decapping pin or one of those Lee case length gauges.

- Speed to obtain shine is proportional to amount of lemmi shine used. I put in about 1 tsp. More if you don't want to wait. Too much and it stings my skin

- 5.56 brass can fill up with the mixed shot and they get stuck. To remove with minimal hassle, use an impact-type bullet puller.

Shibi stated doing this, with a completely different route to it.  He'll be in here and talk about it.  I'm converting over to the way he's doing it, before too long.  <thumbsup>

I am thoroughly intrigued now, '98!! Ok, juices flowing, LoL..

Well I have new in box Thumler's for when I jump back in. Along with new press and stuff, new most everything actually.

No.... I have gone thru, am going thru some hard times of late. My focus is messed up because of it and that should not mix well with this thing we love to do. I think I came here tonight, reloading forum, to write a little and see how I feel. I am not close anymore to the ranges I feel comfortable with and the nearest one from here is not near. Oh, what can I say? I'll get back sooner or later. I miss you and the guys. We were having a blast, I know you were, are, my brother. When I jump back in ill have to take it slow. I think I have lost some loading skills I learned, yeah I'll have to get warmed up again. Idk maybe it will come back fast, I just have not been able to think about it much but I'm trying to now. I do come here and read from time to time. I look forward to reading what you are coming up with for out beloved AMAX. That should get my juices flowing. I have some good loads left over from back then, perhaps if I make myself go on the freeway to the range and shoot them would be good therapy: it's been so long and I have all this bitchen equipment to shoot some good loads.

Seasprite, I shall return

Mike

When your not out pounding the pavement for next job it could give your mind some distraction and focus since you don't want a KaBoom with sharp looking stick of yours. As far as the A-max goes it looks like 47.2 gr will be the new charge weight just need to do some seating depth test. 

You know were all still pulling for you, it will happen. I've been off for past 4 weeks because of hernia surgery I had and I know if I didn't keep my mind occupied with reading the Bible or working at the bench I would of gone stir crazy. So the fact that your still putting your pants on each morning and looking means your tough enough to make it.  <thumbsup> Just keep digging brother.

Robert

Um... really 47.2 gr? I don't care what kind of powder you're using but that load seems excessive by 4-5 grains past the max loads....

Hodgdon list CFE223 starting at 46.6gr and max at 49gr with seirra 168gr pill and Winchester brass. I,m using PPU brass witch runs an avg. of 15gr heaveyer than the Winchester brass so I'm not even close to the book max for this powder and won't be able to with the brass and pill I'm using. I did find a nice accuracy node up at 48gr but started running into pressure issues when the temps started go up in the summer. By then the bozo in the white house had us in a powder shortage and I had to put things on hold for awhile but I'm back at it again. I have some chronograph numbers to go with it but I want to do a little more work with this first before I put them up with some target pics.  

Shibi whatever it is about this powder cfe223, seasprite and I have some threads from last year, or earlier, of our testing with it...... Or am I inaccurate about that seasprite? Jeez my memory is shot...... But anyway higher than normal velocities can be experienced. Also CFE stands for Copper Fouling Eraser. There's some $hit in there which makes cleaning easier.

I gave up on the 168's with it because both seasprite and I were realizing some kind of pressure signs. But was trying with 178 amax and 180 nosler's, I gotta catch back up to what hodgden book was telling for starting and max but I remember pleasing results when I was in the middle of all that.