• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Anyone seen this on a Sig?

shibiwan

Someone offering to trade a P220 for my AR-15 and sent me these pics (attached). There's a shallow milled slot on the slide. Never seen this before and wondering if I'm missing something. I don't think it would affect anything, just wondering if it'll be an OK trade.

post-14035-0-13496700-1395936857_thumb.j

post-14035-0-45281100-1395936861_thumb.j

Theres a Facebook group Im part of here in Louisiana called cajun swap shop.  Well anyways you should see how people value 5 year old guns that "only have 100 down the pipe".  They ask equal or more than new in trade value or slightly below new value cash price its hilarious.  And they love to throw in 200 rounds and ask 250 over new price cause it comes with ammo and a case or something.  I just laugh and scroll on.

I'm standing firm. :D

He's insisting that the thing is worth the value of a regular Sig, not a CPO Sig, because "Sig tech said that it was all correct".  <lmao>  <laughs>

Brother, gimme his contact info or a link to the ad - I'll lowball his a$s for $375 take it or leave it, and he'll GLADLY jump on your offer...  <lmao>

Brother, gimme his contact info or a link to the ad - I'll lowball his a$s for $375 take it or leave it, and he'll GLADLY jump on your offer...  <lmao>

'

LOL... used to do the same thing when buying used cars.  <laughs>

I think I made a fair offer since he offered to trade (from by BP ad). If he doesn't take it, there's no loss. I'm seeing other P220's that are in better shape and without that questionable milling mark go for less these last week.

Edited by shibiwan

Theres a Facebook group Im part of here in Louisiana called cajun swap shop.  Well anyways you should see how people value 5 year old guns that "only have 100 down the pipe".  They ask equal or more than new in trade value or slightly below new value cash price its hilarious.  And they love to throw in 200 rounds and ask 250 over new price cause it comes with ammo and a case or something.  I just laugh and scroll on.

You should browse on backpage.com - there's a ton of crackheads (here in the Phoenix area) asking way too much for their used guns...however there are good deals to be found if you're patient and do your research.

A lot of them picked up guns during the mad scare and ended up overpaying, and they can't come to terms with the fact that the same guns they bought 5 years ago aren't worth what they paid for it.

I wanted to screen shot it but now I can't find it, there was a lady on there with a dpms 308 with a no name scope and free float barrel with AFG.  Thats all it had in upgrades.  Lady said it was her soon to be ex husbands and was selling it because all he left her was 100 bucks...anyways enough with the backstory....she wanted 3k.  People told her that a fair price would be between 12-1500 and she said no 3k firm because thats what he said it was worth when he bought it.  Just shook my head and scrolled on...

I wanted to screen shot it but now I can't find it, there was a lady on there with a dpms 308 with a no name scope and free float barrel with AFG.  Thats all it had in upgrades.  Lady said it was her soon to be ex husbands and was selling it because all he left her was 100 bucks...anyways enough with the backstory....she wanted 3k.  People told her that a fair price would be between 12-1500 and she said no 3k firm because thats what he said it was worth when he bought it.  Just shook my head and scrolled on...

She believed him when he said, "THIS IS SIX INCHES!!!,"  too - didn't she?...  <lmao>

I think we need to find the link to that ad, and all get in there - with proof - and let her know what it's really worth.  Just let her know that her soon-to-be ex was lying to her.  Again.  <lmao>

Edited by 98Z5V