• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Next build....308 or 6.5 Creedmoor?

D.R.D.

One of our RSOs just got a Savage 6.5 Creedmore and is starting with the reloading.  You're looking at an OAL with 0.020" more than the .308, which might give you some magazine issues with the heavier bullets.

The trajectory of the 6.5C duplicates that of the .300 WinMag, if that sort of thing is important to you.

The 308 for sure,but all of Char's 6.8 s shoot right there to 300.....I get her at 500 cause she has to spin the turret a lot for drop.....with the m-308 I can just shoot holdover to 500 the 6.8 is a great round though

:) Wash

6.8 is comparing apples to toe jam.  The 6.5 Creedmore is based on the .308 Winchester.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6.5mm_Creedmoor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.308_Winchester

While the 6.8 is tumbling across the ground, the Creedmore hasn't even reached its apogee midflight.

Do you already have a 308AR ? If not , I would go for the 308 , just because of ammo availability . Those other calibers sound great , until you want ammo for them . You can get 308 anywhere , wally world , K-mart , or any sporting goods store out in the boonies , if your hunting.

I like the ballistics  of 6.8 , & 6.5 CM , just don't know much about them . If the 6.5 CM is your choice , get into reloading & most of the ammo problems go away.