• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My JP 15.5" VTAC is on the way

imschur

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been down this road a few times for folks. Tell me what block, I may already know. Also keep in mind the VTAC's  do not center around the barrel.

Additionally I wrote a bit about it here on the main page. Look for a small paragraph above the MA-TEN images and below the Brownells 308 barrel picture

Been down this road a few times for folks. Tell me what block, I may already know. Also keep in mind the VTAC's  do not center around the barrel.

Additionally I wrote a bit about it here on the main page. Look for a small paragraph above the MA-TEN images and below the Brownells 308 barrel picture

The PRI running a straight tube. I am running vtac/jp on some of my AR rigs but have yet to make the switch on the 308 caliber rifles. I get conflicting info from everyone.

I think there is either incorrect, bad, improperly interpreted or changed dimensions out there. Im running the DPMS SASS gas block. That block has a higher than milspec gas tube location resulting in a taller gas block than most other similar blocks. The PRI should be fine. In fact I have a suspicion the DPMS is this PRI

I think there is either incorrect, bad, improperly interpreted or changed dimensions out there. Im running the DPMS SASS gas block. That block has a higher than milspec gas tube location resulting in a taller gas block than most other similar blocks. The PRI should be fine. In fact I have a suspicion the DPMS is this PRI

I had the same suspicions, but have not confirmed it. The dimensions they have for their adjustable version are very close, but because of the shelf for the adjustment screw it will not fit under the factory sass tube. Vtac lists the ID as 1.75 which is the same as the AR-15 tube. If that is the case it is a no-go but in addition to that , it is not centered on the nut so that ID may be irrelevant. OK my brain hurts.

edit, I have read every article on this board in regards to this subject, that is the original reason I had joined.

What we really need is someone assembling to create a drawing with the bore centerline to the top of the VTAC. I believe a few folks here have provided dimensions but Im not sure anyone has put it all together on one piece of paper.

I can probably do it next week