• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Finanlly got to shoot it!

finanlly got out to the range today for a few test fires and to see where the new sights are striking.

the first 25 rounds were at 25 yards as i had no idea where it was going to go. at this distance my lovely bride and the RO were able to help me see the target.

it needs a little windage and i'm going to shoot at 50 and 100 next to see how the elevation works.

stopped by our new bass pro shops and got a case for it.......

thanks, bill

post-14744-0-57169900-1405817835_thumb.j

thanks guys, its been years since i actually went out to target parctice. had 14 years in Law Enforcement and a perfect score on every qualification......but i'm rusty and when i started i had the caffene jiters for a little bit. my wife shot her 6 inch 357, and her LCR for the first time and i put a few rounds through each. cant wait to go with a little less coffee and try the 50 yard.

thanks agani and you are very right. trigger time----grinning time!!!!

while shooting i noticed there were three catches during the trigger pull. when i cleaned it i found the two surfaces had etched or scribed lines across them. i got a piece of marble and 4/0 paper out and made them smooth and polished. what a difference it made!!!!! not only smoother but i bet it took a pound or more off the pull!!

Right on!  Be careful, though, messing with engagement surfaces on trigger components.  Sounds like you just smoothed some rough parts, but when you start changing angles, it doesn't always go well.

Right on!  Be careful, though, messing with engagement surfaces on trigger components.  Sounds like you just smoothed some rough parts, but when you start changing angles, it doesn't always go well.

Not to mention the heat treat on those parts doesn't tend to be very deep so you might grind through it.

thanks for the info. i was very careful to just polish to a glass finish without changing any angles. that would have ruined a new setup and not what i want to do. it didn't take long so the defects weren't very deep.....just enough to make it catch on the pull. i did the same thing to all my duty weapons in LE and my Python was probably the best out of all of them......what a smooth baby!!!!

i cant wait to get back and go to the 50 yard line for the next round!!  had to go get new hearing protectors. our old ones just didn't cut it.

Edited by brick13