• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

YHM gas block adapters.

Has any one used the Yankee Hill Machine gas block adapters on their AR10? I want to mount some 45 degree offset BUIS on both my AR10 and AR10T , and as I don't currently have full length picatinny rails, need to get them on the same sight plane, front and back.

Actually that is what the adapter is for. it puts the gas block on the same plane as the rail the rear sight sits on. Then you add the 45 degree offset BUIS of your choice. Or standard BUIS for that matter. I have included a picture.post-13300-0-89625100-1414633356_thumb.j

Edited by Sisco

• 1 month later...

Finally got my YHM adapters after being rerouted all over the country by the UPSP and UPS. To be honest, partly my fault. The adapters go onto the rail of the low profile gas block quite easily and tighten with a hex key. My offset BUIS slipped on quite easily as well. The sight ends up sitting ahead of the gas block. Good news: A slightly longer sighting plane. Bad News: Under real world use, I can see webbing, straps, branches, etc. slipping into th gap between the front of the sight and the barrel and causing all sorts of hang ups. May not be a problem, we will see. But for $45 dollars versus the price of a new free floating front rail, it gives me a set of easily usable BUIS. Will report more after I get a range visit with it. The addition of the 45 degree offset BUIS definitely makes this rifle take up more safe space.post-13300-0-60094000-1418236304_thumb.j

Edited by Sisco

Bad News: Under real world use, I can see webbing, straps, branches, etc. slipping into th gap between the front of the sight and the barrel and causing all sorts of hang ups.

Not really - just charge through the brush like a pissed off bear - or a "normal" deer, or a beaver.  Maybe like a caveman...  Nothing is gonna hang you up, man.  Go after it like you mean it...  <lmao>

They can't stop you.  They can only hope to contain you...  :hethan:

Not really - just charge through the brush like a pissed off bear - or a "normal" deer, or a beaver.  Maybe like a caveman...  Nothing is gonna hang you up, man.  Go after it like you mean it...  <lmao>

They can't stop you.  They can only hope to contain you...  :hethan:

Friend, your right, I just need to adopt the attitude of a 66 year old pissed off rutting bear! Who happens to be carrying an AR10 through the brush. You know this means I gotta go to the Doc for a whole bunch of new prescriptions!