• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Sierra Match King TMK's

Sisco

They say the resin tip improves the ballistic coefficient to enable the bullet to maintain the ability to stay supersonic to 1000 yards.

Guessing it would be an extremely hot powder load. I like my AR10's and I worry now about long term use of M118LR after I put it on a chronograph and saw how hot it was.The bullet is only one variable, so I am guessing it could, but I probably wouldn't unless I was the Army Marksmanship Unit and had a squad of full time armorers to service my weapons.

The Hornady could probably do so as well but at what load and what long term price to your weapon? As the TMK is out a while we will get more info on recommended loads and we will see just how better it is.

I like my AR10's and I worry now about long term use of M118LR after I put it on a chronograph and saw how hot it was.

Brother....that's why these things are "modular". So we can replace parts that wear out. That being said, You're like me........an Armalite guy. That means your stuff will never wear out <laughs>.

The competition will start complaining shortly. <lmao>

They're just jealous. :hornet:

Brother....that's why these things are "modular". So we can replace parts that wear out. That being said, You're like me........an Armalite guy. That means your stuff will never wear out <laughs>.

The competition will start complaining shortly. <lmao>

They're just jealous. :hornet:

Amen, Hallaluiia, I have heard the word! Say it again Brother! Look up "Awesome" in Webster's Dictionary, and there is a picture of an AR10.

The tipped 168 went from .463 to 535 BC, so I would think they would be good for 1,000 yds when in the past they were not. They also very close to the 175 tipped bullet.

Probably shove the 168 down the barrel a little quicker than the 175 as well.

The LR M118 is pretty warm load and will cycle the BCG very fast. I bent my bolt stop when shooting them. The reason why they are so hot is because the LC puts a tar like glue on the bullet sealing it into the neck of the case. This makes the powder burn more and produce more pressure to break the seal. The pressure curve goes up very quickly.

One way to prevent this and help lower the pressure is to place the round in a bullet seatter and break the seal, just seat the bullet a little deeper, say .015