• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

American Trigger Corp SR Gold Trigger

imschur

It's worth reiterating that PACT has specifically stated that the SR Gold is manufactured to be modified if the fitment is too tight to the safety lever. They leave extra material on that trigger tang, nothing wrong with doing your own fitment if you feel comfortable doing so.

I've re-read the instructions and I actually think PACT is advocating modifying the selector and not their trigger.  Removing material from their trigger tail could prevent the selector from returning the trigger to the primary sear in dropped rifle situations (see video: http://www.youtube.com/embed/E5-ZrpiT7R4).  It's what happens with my AR Gold and most mil-spec selectors (fails to return to primary sear).  My AR Gold is an older version which I don't believe has that "extra" material on the trigger tail.  I believe newer versions of both the AR and SR Gold have the "extra" material.  The reason for my belief is that the selector I got from PACT way back when seems to be dimensioned similarly to the BAD-ASS now.  Both will not work with the SR Gold but works perfectly with the AR Gold.

I ended up just modifying the flat section of the BAD-ASS (older version) selector to get rid of the hitch in the trigger pull of the SR Gold.  I think the hitch is from the "extra" material on the trigger tail and contact with the flat of the safety.  I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem as it's the rounded section that puts the rifle on safe anyhow.

Oh well, for me I'm just happy to have the trigger hitch sorted out.  I'll probably e-mail Roger of Battle Arms my findings.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an update.  I posted earlier (i think in august).  I finished my AR10 build.  Mega Ma-TEN match set, JP 20in Barrel with heat sync and matching bolt. JP silent capture spring. JP muzzle brake, Battle Arms ambi selector, and the ATC trigger.  The trigger is awesome.  I have some friends with some pretty high end triggers.  theirs are nice but..... I have not found one that i like as much as mine.  Crisp, thin, short reset, clean, practically 0 pull.  I highly reccomend it.

post-1936-136297286916_thumb.jpg

Are these available anywhere?

Unfortunately these are always somewhat in short supply. Brownells was doing pretty good at stocking them until recently. If you need a great trigger now Battle Arms does a great job stocking some Geissele models at a great price when combined with a selector

• 4 weeks later...

I just recieved my SR Gold Saturday and installed. Very impressed to say the least. Best AR trigger I've had or shot. I have Geiselle, Alexander Arms, Timney and factory mill spec triggers. None compare to the SR gold so far in my findings.

Thanks to all who post advise on adds for these fine weapons..

Pretty tough to compare the SR Gold to the SSA.  The SR Gold and the SSA-E is a better comparison.  I'm waiting for a Hi-Speed version to compare the SR Gold to.

Price wise the SSA and SR gold were compareable within twenty bucks of each other,if memory serves me right. If a SSA-E was avalible I think they were in the 330.00 dollar range, maybe  they're worth the extra 60.00, if you ever get one please post review.

No way does the SSA-E cost $330, brother.  MSRP straight from Geissele is $230, and you can (could) often find them about $20 under that.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-bottom-metals/triggers/ Yes you are right this is the one I was thinking of. Sorry but its showing in stock for now too. Almost went this route, I put my 308 together for hunting. Dont know what the "best" trigger is for my application.

Link seems to be broke but its a DMR trigger

• 4 months later...