• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

American Trigger Corp SR Gold Trigger

imschur

If you only plan on shooting store bought .308 ammo (Winchester, Federal, etc. ) an AR15 trigger/hammer is generally enough. If you plan on ever shooting NATO 7.62 ammo, you'll want the 308 specific trigger. The primers are thicker due to the style of packaging/storage militaries use.

Really the biggest difference you will see is the size of the hammer on a .308 version. The triggers and springs look to be the same for the most part. The slightly larger 308 hammers add the guaranteed ignition to mil ammo.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm not planning on using any mil ammo.  I'm not being cheap on this build so no point on being cheap on the ammo.  Primary purpose of this gun will be hunting and bench fun and I want it standardized for a particular factory hunting ammo.

I guess I'll wait unit this thing is ready to complete or if I find a great deal on either of the Gold triggers.

Thanks

Btw, you say it has a bigger hammer but imschur's photos seem to show a hammer with the same size as my AR Gold.  Do you have both for comparison?

• 5 months later...

guys guys! i've been waiting many many many moons for SR gold trigger. I know brownell's had them in stock a few moons back but i totally missed out!

what do i doooo!

after shooting 300rounds, i hated the stock .308 trigger. any word on when they'll go back in stock? PACT's website doesn't state whether it's in stock or not.

I need some help with mine..  I have a Mega MA-TEN, ATC AR-10 gold trigger,  Battle arms ambi safety.  I love the trigger, smooth, crisp, great design, the install was great, but when the ambi safety is installed "correctly" i lose trigger movement, almost to the point of the trigger won't pull at all. Also the safety will only turn about half way, to move it any further you would have to force it......

Fix?  It looks like it would need the trigger to be moved further forward which would cause the tail for the safety to move down, which would give me more clearance...(is this possible)?

or  The safety needs to have a taller notch to allow for more trigger movement (are their different sizes)?

or the trigger tail would have to be thiner.

here is a link to a quick video of my issue.  please advise if any one has delt with or knows what to do   

Guys, I just got off the phone with Greg and want to share some info with you.

We've put out a public announcement on major forums that the AR Gold trigger is one of the very few triggers that isn't compatible with our 45 degree selector.  This is the first time I've heard of it causing problems with our 90 degree selectors.

The problem we identified with the AR Gold trigger was the trigger's rear extension is too tall.  The trigger's rear extension interfaces with the selector's middle, flat section.  Our middle, flat section measures 0.240, a cast selector's mid flat section is about 0.230.  The milspec is taller than both of these.  We've reduced the center diameter couple of times to make it more compatible with aftermarket triggers that deviate from Colt specs, in the case of the AR Gold trigger, it's just too much.

Below, left is my receiver with an RRA trigger, hammer uncocked.  Right is Greg's receiver with AR Gold trigger, hammer uncocked, a picture is worth a thousand words..

triggcomp.jpg

The notion of having to file down on the trigger's rear extension...well I personally will not do it.  I don't like the idea of modifying fire control group parts, it removes the heat treated surface, and should anything go wrong, you're responsible for it since you modified it. 

I've sent Greg a new selector center with 0.230 center diameter flat section, but I don't think it'll compensate for the trigger's super elevated rear extension :(

Thanks for the reply.  do you have a link to the manual?  I don't remember it coming with one?.  Also i would prefer to remove material from a 70$ safety over a 270$ trigger... you know what i mean ;)

Thanks for the reply.  do you have a link to the manual?  I don't remember it coming with one?.  Also i would prefer to remove material from a 70$ safety over a 270$ trigger... you know what i mean ;)

I don't have a link, what I have is a couple of sheets that mailed with my original trigger from PACT. The trigger I bought from Brownells is identical but didn't come with the sheet and illustration. I'll look around and see if I can find it, if not I'll call PACT.

I appreciate the quick reply guys...  I will make some more measurements tonight to see exactly where things should be on my particular build.  By the way, i love the ATC trigger.  by buddy was comparing it to a jewl trigger that he has and he couldn't believe how short the reset is on the ATC.  The Battle Arms ambi leavers are top notch! and hope to be able to use them on this build, But if i am un able..... does anyone have experience with a safety lever that works on a mega maten lower and an ATC trigger?

Also on a side note.  does anyone have other phone numbers to contact American Trigger company???

1 800 722 8462 which is the pact number says its been dialed incorrectly and argold@americantrigger.com sends back a reject email stating that their server is full.

Not adding any help to Greg's issue, but just to re-assure others, I have the SR Gold with the BAD-ASS and have no issues with it (SI-Defense lower).  Also, I doubt this is related but I see that Greg is using KNS anti-walk pins.  I believe the SR Gold comes with its own proprietary pins.  Don't believe it would matter but it is something I noticed.

Lastly, MidwayUSA shows that they are now selling the SR Gold.  Just another channel to order them from.  I did have to order mine directly from PACT.

i ordered mine from midway.  practically  came next day.

So for further discovery.  checked some more things tonight.  i think that the clearance while in fire mode is my only issue.  When moving the selector to safe, it actually pushes down on the tail or tang of the trigger which causes a slight separation of the hammer and primary catch.  Since you are able to over cock the trigger by hand i don't see this causing any harm.  Here is another link illustrating this

imschur, the KNS pins are .154 just like the factory pins.  I called and confirmed with ATC before purchasing,  they assured me it would be fine, and that there was no need to remove their pin clips from the housing, just push the KNS pins right past them.  I have had both in the system and i have to same issue with both.

I talked to Roger from Battle Arms today,  He was a great help and very informative.  He will be sending me a replacement selector shaft with a bit more tolerance to try out.  i can't wait to use it!!

Thanks Roger,  I just received it, installed it, and problem solved <thumbsup>.  This was  a combination of me not knowing enough about the product and understanding that it functions a little different than other trigger/safety products.  Everything was actually functioning the way it should EXCEPT when in fire position the tolerances were too tight between the trigger tang, and the cut out in the safety cam shaft.  he is a video i found that explains proper installation and function of this assembly.  It should help clear up and confusion in the future

http://youtu.be/E5-ZrpiT7R4