• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Scar 17 or PWS MK216?

lmillionaire

Welcome from Colorado! I've got a some time with the scar. Its a fun gun, real smooth shooting. The downside to the scar 17 is the magazines, you have to use directly mags made for the scar, I only know of FN Scar 17 mags. Magpul doesn't make anything for it. That's the only downside I have noticed. If you plan to want to run polymer mags, like the magpul pmag, I would go with the PWS. But If i had to choose one or the other, I would scar. I also recommend hitting your local dealer to see if they have either in stock, and hold them, and see what feels better to you.

I've never handled either one of them but I'd choose the 308AR :))

With you being a millionaire and all & wanting the best piston 308 rifle have you looked at the LWRC REPR? http://xtremegunsandammo.com/lwrc-repr-16-inch.html

https://www.lwrci.com/p-120-repr.aspx

Welcome to the forum from Louisiana <thumbsup>

Without a doubt I would buy the PWS if it was my money.

I currently own a PWS Mk216 Mod 0 and will be getting a mod 1 upper sometime next year for the adjustable gas system.

When I was shopping for a 308 rifle I put my hands on everything I could including the scar 17. When it came to the scar, it didn't feel anywhere near the quality that it should for the price. It ran fine and everything, it just didn't feel like its build quality justified the wallet rape. It also just didn't feel like it became a part of me when running it. Some guns feel like a body part you've always had, some don't. The scar 17 felt like I had a slightly odd implant on my shoulder. I also see a lot of Scar 17's come up on the used market, I don't often see a pws 308 for sale used if that says anything about what other owners think as well.

I was more accurate with an AR platform rifle, and of all of them the PWS had what I wanted in recoil behavior due to being a long stroke piston. Stock it was softer and more fluid feeling than the other rifles I shot, and after adding a heavy buffer to it its just nice to shoot. That is without a muzzle break either. It currently just has a Triad flash hider on it because my old shooting partner bitched all the time about the concussion from the FSC30. Even without a brake it's a very pleasant rifle to shoot whether I am prone, bench or running carbine drills with it.

My only gripes have been cured with the new Mod1 versions adjustable gas and new keypad rail system.

What state are you in? If you are in az and want to shoot a PWS let me know and I'll take you out with it.