• Visit Sportsmans Guide

FNG building first AR-10A

AngelDeVille

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It IS funny - because you already know it's true...  <laughs>

Just show us the shopping cart...  You know you already have another one filled...  :banana:

The cart Isnt full yet! I haven't decided what I want! 16" barrel, ace stock, red dot, non-cheesegrater forend....

but I am getting my SBR stamp for my 607 build first, and some glass for my Ar-15 marksman rifle.

I just got my BUIS and lancer mags in.

I only opened one lancer l7 mag and it won't hold the bolt open.... Kinda pissed right now.

I'm like'in that rifle brother,looks good. <thumbsup>

It's actually not too terribly heavy, I'm pretty impressed, I hope to get it to the range tomorrow.

Let's hear about it. Out with it man!.

I have a grey matching Nodak Spud A1 603 upper mated to a partial fence xm16e1 lower, triangular handguard, aluminum CAR stock (until I can make a real 607) and a 3 prong flash hider, that will replace the pinned and welded xm177e2 flash hider once the stamp gets here.

EDIT: I took the AR10 to the LGS to show it off, and ask about the bolt catch, and the gunsmiths asked me how many rounds were through it.....

post-15607-0-78710900-1425771295_thumb.j

Edited by AngelDeVille

So I have the wrong bolt catch, I need to modify an ar10b catch to make it function correctly, but I have an idea on how to make the 10a work, and it it fails I'm not out much since it doesn't work anyway.

I was sub 1 1/2" with ZQI with my back up sights. I need to Lapp my rings to see what the scope will do.

My 180gr projectiles will not work with this rifle, when I seat them at the cannelure I get 2.92". Time to buy a rifle that will....

They are WW2 Bulgarian. Similar to a D-166.

They were originally brass cased, 7.62x54r but I was getting so many case splits I decided they were only good for components. (Good powder too)

They should have been .311 bullets, but I learned while loading my first batch they just dropped through the neck on my .303 Brit and 54r reloads. So I whipped out the calipers and lo and behold they were .308 diameter.

They have a very long ogive, I forget the oal of the bullet.

I have always wanted an excuse to buy a cannelure tool, this may be the excuse.

As soon as you said that, I was thinking .311... Weird that they were .308.

Might what to double check that diameter with a micrometer !

They may have been intended for use in a maxim, I have checked and double checked, and even ran sone through a sizing die.

Bullet oal is 1.263"

Edit: I found some old stock of Nosler, and Hornady hunting 180's and they were 1.270" and 1.265".

I think I can seat them deeper without too much trouble.

I'm measuring a max oal of 2.82 with the Lancer mags.

Edited by AngelDeVille