• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SSA 308 Win 168 Grain OTM Ammunition on sale!

Malig8r

Got mine today....yikes...mine are headstamped 308kingsize.....they dont feed real good and i have to take a mallet and hit the forward assist a couple of times to get em to chamber....once chambered i cant eject them by hand..so I had to fire off from the backyard....we live 300 yds behind the police substation

it was touch and go for a while :) Wash

post-11787-0-41505200-1427290105_thumb.j

got my 200rds in this morning... all "Pierce 308" marked cases... who's Pierce?... never heard of them before...I did get another batch from them that was all SSA brass, loaded with 150gr Noslers... have yet to shoot any of it...

I was serious earlier when i said i picked up a few cases, you really had me going for a minute.

Its fine ammo! you will be pleased...you do know that Nosler bought out Silver State...read it somewhere...great ammo

got your morning going for ya though didnt I?   :)  Wash

Just got mine in and given how this thread has been going I was more then a little nervous, so I ripped open the box and started inspecting every single round.  Quality seems AMAZING, but when I went to load them into a mag I started having the same issues Wash had.  After a couple attempts of not being able to get more then one round to load in the magazine I decided to try and single load them, this proved to be VERY difficult but after removing the lower and using a rubber mallet to the back of the bolt while the rifle was locked in a vise the round seemed to slide right in.  No sooner did I get the weapon back together a yeti walked into my backyard, it was the damnedest thing.  Raise the weapon to my shoulder and squeezed one off almost cutting him in half it was absolutely amazing.  I am so impressed with these rounds I will absolutely be buying more when they go on sale again, I only hope to be able to figure out how to get them to cycle better.  I've attached some photos that I took while I was having the initial problems.

20150327_162625.jpg

20150327_162507.jpg

20150327_162230.jpg

Edited by LeatherNuts

It's the damndest thing, sure am glad I ordered mine early...seems I'm the only one that got the 308 rounds that fit into mags!

Seriously though, I'm glad everyone got a chance to pick up some premium ammo at a decent price. Have fun at the range fellas.

It's the damndest thing, sure am glad I ordered mine early...seems I'm the only one that got the 308 rounds that fit into mags!

Seriously though, I'm glad everyone got a chance to pick up some premium ammo at a decent price. Have fun at the range fellas.

Thanks Mali...you done good! :) Wash