• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New here & looking to learn how to build an AR in .308

Screwjack

Hello,

Really new to the AR building and I am looking to learn as much as possible before I start buying parts and build an AR.

What I am looking for is an AR that will be good for shooting coyotes and a gun that is awesome looking.  That may sound stupid but I really think hat most AR's are very cool looking rifles and I wan tot make mine look as awesome as I can afford.  I am in no hurry, I have never attempted this before and I have a lot to learn.  Besides shooting coyotes I find on my property I also just enjoy shooting just for the fun of it.  I have been reloading my own ammo including .308 for quite a few years now.  So I load up a bunch and good shoot it up and reload more.

If you folks would point me in the right direction and give me advice I would appreciate it very much.

Do I under stand correctly that when building a .308 AR you have to choose a platform of LR-308, AR10 or AR15?  This is because the different platforms are no compatible parts wise?

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Screwjack

aka: Tony