• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

She's getting there!

trashman

Started assembling the beast (that's what I'm calling it, since it's my first 308 and everything is so big compared to my ar15). Rifle will (should be at least, missing a roll pin for the gas block, which didn't come with one, so I have to track one of those down) complete minus scope next weekend. Waiting on the hand gaurd, stock, brake, and charging handle to come. Need a dust cover but waiting to find one I like. I'm getting excited. Only issues I have/had is the front take down pin is hard as hell to push in and out, have to tap it with a hammer and punch...I'm sure it will loosen a bit with time, and the bolt catch isn't springy when the hammer is decocked, which again I am sure is because everything is new. Anyways here's what I got so far. post-15989-0-12120000-1432507420_thumb.j

and the bolt catch isn't springy when the hammer is decocked, which again I am sure is because everything is new. Anyways here's what I got so far.

Take out your trigger, and check your disconnector spring.  There should be once last coil on it that's larger than the rest of the coils.  That larger coil is what goes into the body of the trigger, and it kinda "snaps" into place.  If you pull the disconnector spring, and there is no "larger coil," then don't worry too much - because the disconnector spring is under your bolt catch plunger, and the larger coil is jamming that thing up...  <lmao>

The reason I know that so well is because I did it on an AR15 build once.  Once...   <lmao>

MOTHERFUCKINPIECEOFSHITBOLTCATCH, WHATTHEFUCKISGOINGONHERE!!!!!!!!!

Oh...  I see...  <laughs>

It's either THAT, or he broke the screw-pin holding it in, either by over-tightening, or dry-firing and the hammer slammed the bolt catch.  Very few things will lead to that specific problem.

Edited by 98Z5V

I know the disconnecter spring is in the right place, in the trigger. Only time dry fired I put a towel behind the hammer so it didn't just smack. The only issue is its rubbing on the hammer. I put some lube on it and it got a little better. That's why I'm thinking it will loosen in time. If the hammer is cocked back in then everything works fine.

Edited by trashman

Yea I'm not too worried about it. We will see what happens I'm sure it will function fine. If not I will handle it down the road.

On a side note, this rifle will be completed by next weekend, pending I get all the parts delivered by then. My gas block and tube didn't come with the roll pin to pin the tube to the block so I spent half the day driving around town looking for one. Found a think on the internet saying 5/64 worked. Found it and tried it couldn't get it to go in. So I used my Dremel to taper 1/3 of the pin and got it to go in, then cut the extra off. Things solid now!