• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

DDLES Pistol Caliber Billet Lowers

For a long time now, DDLES - Double Diamond Law Enforcement Supply, in Tucson, AZ - has produced some FINE billet lower receivers for pistol-caliber ARs.  These things are very high quality, top-notch machining/construction, and are damn well worth the coin if you're building a pistol-caliber AR.

Well, DDLES is now out of that business.  I don't know why, but all the designs that they had for those lowers has been sold, or attained, by QuarterCircle10, also in Tucson, AZ.  It looks like QuarterCircle10 has expanded the lineup, too.  They offer the small-frame Glock mag lower, and also a large-frame Glock mag lower. The still offer the 9mm lower in the Colt/Modified UZI mag lower, too, which is what I have from DDLES.

Small-frame calibers include 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig, and the large-frame lowers are 10mm and .45ACP.

They have BCGs for 9mm Colt, 9mm Glock cut (it's different than the Colt, so it strips from a Glock mag), .357 Sig BCGs, and 40 S&W BCGs.  The .45ACP BCG is listed as "coming soon." No mention of the 10mm yet...

For barrels, they have 9mm, .40, and .357 Sig, with the .45ACP barrel listed as "coming soon."  Also, no mention of the 10mm yet...

They also have spare lower parts listed.  These lowers are nice, because the ejector is incorporated into the lower, and it's replaceable, and the feed ramps are replaceable - those parts are roll-pinned into the lower. 

I suspect that DDLES had these guys making the lowers for them, branded as their own, and the manufacturing company has pulled the design back - marketing them on their own.  Just a suspicion, nothing concrete in that at all.  Just my $0.02...  For $275 for the lower, and them making all the necessary parts in-house (barrels and BCGs), it's really a one-stop-shop for a sweet pistol-caliber AR.

Check it out:

http://www.quartercircle10.com/product-category/products/

DSC_5670.JPG

IMG_1123_DPP.JPG

IMG_1118_DPP.JPG

10981201_756531407756299_157901718569524

Edited by 98Z5V

Tom! Those SBRs here in Commiefornia & made from UNOBTANIUM!!!

Ray.

Easy... just have Uncle Tom-ass pick up a lower in AZ. He can bring it with him on Thanksgiving. Then the both of you can do a PPT at the CA-FFL of your choice. Later, you can contact RMW Xtreme for the pistol caliber upper of your dreams.

You don't have to make it a short barrel. A 16" (OAL) barrel works fine as well.

They have BCGs for 9mm Colt, 9mm Glock cut (it's different than the Colt, so it strips from a Glock mag), .357 Sig BCGs, and 40 S&W BCGs.  The .45ACP BCG is listed as "coming soon." No mention of the 10mm yet...

For barrels, they have 9mm, .40, and .357 Sig, with the .45ACP barrel listed as "coming soon."  Also, no mention of the 10mm yet...

The BCG's for the .40 S&W should be usable for the 10 MM shouldn't they? I would also think that a 10MM barrel could be made by reaming a 40 S&W barrel.

"Well, DDLES is now out of that business. I don't know why, but all the designs that they had for those lowers has been sold, or attained, by QuarterCircle10, also in Tucson, AZ. It looks like QuarterCircle10 has expanded the lineup, too. They offer the small-frame Glock mag lower, and also a large-frame Glock mag lower. The still offer the 9mm lower in the Colt/Modified UZI mag lower, too, which is what I have from DDLES."

Jon Beaudry of DDLES ripped off a bunch of people. Not only customers, but his investors too. His investors took him to court and dissolved DDLES.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/600709_DDLES_Update___Spoke_to_Jon.html