• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Opinions on Geissele High Speed Nat Match (not DMR)

kazuaki

Any opinions on the match version of the high speed (part 05-127). My understanding is its just a lighter version of the DMR. I know its adjustable, just like the DMR, but probably uses a lighter spring. Any downside on a LR308 setup for longer range shooting from a bench or prone? Will the lighter pull give any additional benefits over the DMR? Thanks

Lighted to heaviest, in the Geissele Hi-Speed lineup is:  Match, DMR, Service.

Lighter pull on the Match over the DMR gives you the advantage of...  lighter pull.  That's it.  Have you used one of the Geissele Hi-Speed triggers before?  If not, I'd suggest the DMR first.  It's adjustment range, overall, can go into the upper pull-weight ranges of the Match, and into the lighter pull-weight ranges of the Service.  If you adjust into the minimum pull-weight of it (into the upper ranges of the Match), and find that you don't like triggers that light, you can change it.  You can only take the pull-weight of the Match up to a certain extent, and if it's still to light for you, you'll be trying to sell an expensive trigger.

There is no downside to any Geissele trigger. 

My $0.02.

I've got the Wilson Combat TTU 2 stage right now. It's a very nice drop in non adjustable unit. Really good trigger, but not as light as I'd like (about 4 pounds total). I'm using it since I had it already, from a previous AR15 build.

Edited by kazuaki

I have the DMR and am very impressed with it's performance.

My .02

Are you using it towards the lighter end if the adjustment? Does anybody know if the only diff between the DMR and the Match is the springs? If so, I could just buy spare spring and essentially have both triggers. I asked Geissele that question, but not gotten a response yet. Edited by kazuaki

• 3 years later...

Ok, it's a necro post, I'm somewhat outside the thread title using the DMR set up, but this F'n trigger is iconic for a reason.

IMG_1818.thumb.jpg.ca6c8ba2c03bae0b869bc657492dfd63.jpg

Just got my Geissele National Match trigger installed in a LaRue jig. First pull was yuck, crunchy and bumpy with almost a snap at the wall. Went with the DMR springs, they send all three now, as DMR is the factory set up. Read the directions once then started following them, WOW! I'm being conservative with all my settings but this trigger already feels outstanding with about 50 dry fires in the jig. I do not have a trigger pull gauge, don't really care as long as it feels good. The little bit of adjusting I did amazed me being able to feel a distinct difference, a great learning tool. 

I hit a sale, directly from Geissele for $209.25, got a bonus bag of goodies and it just so happened my dad was wanting a summer time Geissele hat, instant Fathers day gift! 

Is the trigger worth more than two MBT's? At this point I can say yes maybe but I have several spare MBT's and just love this NEW to me trigger. Another of those "depends" questions. I think I may have more to learn once this match trigger gets rounds down range.

15 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

How long have I been telling you that this is a badass trigger system?...   :laffs::thumbup:

:hail: I wouldn't have blamed you for my choice if it didn't work for me but I will admit the praise you have for the trigger was thought about, enabled me to click the button that dings the bank card just a bit easier. :thumbup: You just can't go wrong recommending this trigger, smooth, crisp, picked up the feedback quick. Most times feedback is the grind and grit of a cheaper trigger, feedback on this trigger is a smooth roll, a distinct wall, then snap, makes me grin :cool:

Been dry firing the thing off and on all day, thinking I may swap springs and try that Match set for a bit.

It is one of the most well-polished triggers I've ever used.  You never feel grit in this thing, at any point during the pull or the reset.  Now, try a few drops of the mystery lube on the trigger engagement points...   Both tails on the hammer, the trigger tang and the disconnector tang.  Drop a few drops *with hammer released) down where the trigger front and the hammer meet...   You'll thank me later...   :thumbup:

3 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You'll thank me later... 

Been giving it fresh grease, Geissele grease, 25-45 pulls. When I put it in a weapon that Rat stuff will be on the engagement surfaces. Treating it like my newest family member. This thing is a seriously neat toy to play with in a trigger jig, what trigger pull do I really like....overtravel, maybe zero isn't good......2nd stage weight can be light.....so much to play around with.

4 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

so much to play around with.

My last one, I experimented and came up with a great combination - National Match trigger spring and the DMR spring under the disconnector - THAT is a sweet setup! I'm just sayin'...  :hornet:

On the one I put in @Matt.Cross Mk12 Mod 1 Grendel, I set that thing straight up National Match, and tuned the weights "medium" in the range - that was a sweet combo, too. Damn that things SHOOTS!...

6 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

THAT is a sweet setup!

I can see it now, Christmas break I'll still be swapping springs to try a certain combo that maybe I like a little better than the other perfect set I liked the last time In was home but I'm not sure so better swap it again..............:laffs:

It's a sickness, brother.  Bad.  Wait 'til you fire that thing.  It gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling...   :laffs:  It's trigger perfection...  

Now, don't get me wrong - I love my LaRue MBT2S triggers - and I'll continue to buy them.  But if I want trigger for a precision gun, that leaves nothing on the table...   Geissele National Match, with either NM springs, DMR springs, or a mix of the both.  I'll never use the Service Rifle springs that come with it - I'll never have a need for those.

• 2 weeks later...

Still have the trigger in the jig, been swapping things and adjusting, just outstanding. I found these videos from Geissele very informative, some info in them that isn't in the written directions and those things are gold as is. Sorry the vids are out of order but youtube didn't seem to want to load up any of them here so I'm stopping with this.

Edited by jtallen83

^^^Those vids are gold, for setting these up and tuning them.  The written directions are excellent, but those vids are priceless.  Things are different for this trigger now, over when I bought my first one.  I bought a Hi-Speed DMR, and it was already set up.  Now, you just order the Hi-Speed, and you get the National Match springs, the DMR springs, and the Service Rifle springs - and you have to set it up. So, literally, my first one was a "drop-in" with it being set up. I ever tweaked that DMR, never needed to.  The next one I bought, years later - I had to set that one up. The one after that was in the @Matt.Cross Mk12 Mod 1 Grendel.  After going through a couple of them, it's easy to do. 

Working on these triggers, and setting them up, makes the setup on other triggers easy as hell, too. I remember all the flak a few years ago on the Elftmann triggers, where guys would mess with them, and they wouldn't work right.  TOO easy to set up an Elftmann, and I did that for Neil here. 

This is great information for adjustable triggers, Jim  - doesn't matter what kind they are.  It does show the superiority of the Geissele Hi-Speed, though.  I don't use that phrase lightly, either...   :hail:

6 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Whats up with that brother???:laffs:

If I were going to work on triggers, hone sears and such I would, hell I know there is one at Dad's somewhere, at least it was there in the 70's. I don't get hung up on the weight, only care that it feels good, kinda like women. :thumbup:

I've never put a trigger in an AR before. This was my first one. I put the match spring and watched the videos. 

The first screw on the bottom is the first stage. I went all the way clock wise, and the the trigger doesn't fire. So I went counter clockwise about 2 full turns until the trigger lets go. And searched for that sweet spot around there. That made my first stage heavy, about 2lbs. The next screw is the actual trigger. I set it heavy enough to create that wall, about 10-14 ounces. If it's too light, itll pull through, with isn't good. A 2 lb. first stage is still very light. If it's too light, for me, it's a safety issue. 

I definitely feel a 2 stage trigger is much safer. I don't feel the match set up is too light or unsafe. My rifle came with a decent single stage, but I like a 2 stage much better, to have that warning engagement. 

20190629_183402.jpg