• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lawsuit filed to register new machine guns

Magwa

Would love to see the NFA repealed but man I gotta tell ya; that would PISS OFF a lot of people who have "invested" in their machine guns. Talk about a market crash in value if they open up the registry!

Possibly.

Or the quality control across the whole NFA spectrum will drop, much like it has across not only the firearms industry in general but manufacturing as a whole.

Marlin rifles are now priced as "New Remington crap" and "JM proofed from CT".  I can definitely see a BIG difference between current Auto Ordnance Tommy Guns and those made prior to 1986, and a big dip in quality from 1930 to 1980.

well unless you are very rich no one can even afford to buy one and that is the problem they should be available for sale to folks who qualify.

All folks should qualify, unless they're sitting in a cell, even "felons" should be able to own whatever they choose to own after they've paid their debt.

The whole can't vote or can't buy a gun thing just cause some cop or district attorney arbitrarily decided to prosecute some guy on a felony pot charge, or domestic violence wrap from a spat with some psycho girlfriend he had for a summer that happened so long ago the guy can't even remember what she looked like, its all just horse $h!t.

Bank robbers, murderers, they all should have their rights restored after paying the price for the crime.

Well we will have to disagree on this one..... the way I look at it is your rights are the main reason you are not a felon or murderer etc I cherish mine and it is a incentive to be law abiding if you decide to go the criminal route then you should forfeit the rights that the 95%of law abiding citizens have . that is your choice if their is no lasting penalty for being a criminal then what the hell lets all be one as soon as we get out of jail our debt is paid we can stop by the local gun store and pick up a few things and start over nope i am not for that  you make your bed you lay in it....

Now I will agree a pot conviction should not be a felony along with some other trivial stuff but no when you choose to be a criminal then you loose your 2nd amendment rights .

The problem with "felonies" is that they are what those in power determine them to be.  Misdemeanors also.

I know of one guy who was arguing with his gf at the time.  Police were called by neighbors.  Upon their arrival they witnessed dude throw a piece of pizza against the wall.  Charged him with domestic violence.  He can no longer own firearms.

In this topsy-turvy world where evil is good and good is called evil, a person breaking the arm of a thief is charged with felony battery while the thief gets a warning.

Murderers and rapists (irrefutible evidence) should be executed.  We wouldn't need to worry about their rights later on afterwards.

well unless you are very rich no one can even afford to buy one and that is the problem they should be available for sale to folks who qualify.

Thats their whole reasoning , you can still get them , they did not ban them , just the rich can afford them now a days , but their point is still valid ( to Them ) You can still buy & sell them . Even though you have to second mortgage your house to get one , if you want one bad enough ,you will find a way & that's what they wanted & thats' the way our stupid elected officials voted . Its like a catch 22 , they screwed everyone , but think they kept with in the Second Amendment,but they didn't , they are infringing on our rights to own them .

Believe it or not , when they in inacted the 1986 act , it took a great deal of my sales & profits away , you could make $$ from Class 3  , not some much form Class 1 firearms , too much competition. 

Edited by survivalshop

If these guys who get out of jail want to still be bad guys, no amount of regulatory action will prevent them from getting a gun, they will continue to offend and find themselves incarcerated as they should be.

HOWEVER, a guy who gets out of jail and wants to become a law abiding citizen SHOULD IMO have the ability to enjoy all the rights and benefits of that citizenship.

There are bad guys, I mean really bad guys out there, and those are the guys who do make there own beds, recidivism will land their asses when they belong.

But like PF21's friend being forbidden to own a firearm, to protect himself, his loved ones, and his property, FOR LIFE because of a piece of pizza, and there are 1000,000's, probably millions of such cases, now that's just insanity and shouldn't be tolerated.

All these felony convictions do is create fringe criminals out of otherwise decent people, who find themselves forever outcast or in and out of the system for petty probation violations, failed urine tests,  etc.

Look if a person is caught doing something unlawful arrest them, give them due process, if convicted punish them appropriately, and then leave them the f**k alone!

Just the libertarian coming out that has been beaten into me after decades of disappointment with where our government has gone, and its gone completely awry in regards to infringing on our liberties, and the courts and penal system is an obscene mess!

Edited by GreyGoose