• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Deer Season

Sisco

I am still building my stash, so all I have is 3 of the RRA 20 round poly mags. I am super happy with them though, and the price direct from RRA was I think $20 a piece. For the quality i got i am happy. However, I checked their website a day or two ago and they are offering some new mags that are manufactured custom for them I think. They are poly and supposed to be very light if i remember correctly. The manufacturer was named on the site as well may want to check it out.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's all i have is RRA poly 20's and function has been phenomenal. I really like them, but they will get my 5 bucks lol I cant help it. Curiosity will get me on this one, and shipping isn't an issue because I need more mags anyway. I only have 3 20's, and some states I want to hunt in might require me to have a 5 or 10. I'm thinking 2 more RRA 20's, plus 1 of these moses 20's and 1 each of RRA 5 and 10 rounder. I will throw a review of the moses machine mag on here once i pick it up.

Well Indiana will allow rifles for deer hunting this year.They snuck it in around the DNR,the DNR is not happy.So it be .308,30-06 and a few others.I am looking forward to going out this year and hunting with my neighbor who knows the area well.My choice of rifle will be Garand or M5.

4 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Well Indiana will allow rifles for deer hunting this year.They snuck it in around the DNR,the DNR is not happy.So it be .308,30-06 and a few others.I am looking forward to going out this year and hunting with my neighbor who knows the area well.My choice of rifle will be Garand or M5.

That's awesome! Good luck in advance

6 hours ago, unforgiven said:

I shot a decent seven point in WV with a side scoped M1 Garand , with hand loads , kinda on the heavy side , but you know you can slip & fall down & know you didn't hurt anything.

That is super awesome, congratulations Indiana! I have used rifles up north since I was a child, but just a year or two or three ago they made rifle an option statewide in WI. Most areas accepted it and that's great. I like hunting with my RRA predator HP it done me right this year anyway. I think when posting a drive up on the ridge of the riverbed the 20 round mag may come in handy. Reloading is a pain in the butt.

I am stoked.They have a program to feed the hungry with the deer meat.Going to try my hardest to feed as many as possible.Standard Operator is also an option as i have 5 rd. mags for it already.I will have to put in some serious trigger time for a one shot kill.Neighbor has all the skills for cleaning,butchering and skinning.I am hungry to learn.

So while it is certainly noble to feed the hungry, I must ask do you not like venison, or are you just planning on getting multiple permits and donating some? Cuz thats good eatin. Also, with your RRA rifle them things are tack driving machines Lolz you wont need much trigger time. I laid my Booner out one shot the second time I ever fired mine. haha shot it for the first time ever to sight in the morning before I got my opening day buck with it. I bought it like 4 days before deer gun opener. The .308 is a strong round with great terminal performance on deer. I went one shot one kill I will swear by RRA. Just remember two things when hunting deer. 1. Dont aim for the heart, which is lower. Lots of people shoot under deer, so up and down wise aim for the center between the belly and back, a little behind the shoulder. Look at deer vitals images on google and train yourself not to shoot low at the heart. 2. The kill zone (dead in 150 yards or less) is about a 10 inch diameter circle on a buck, piece of cake with that operator!! Hope to see some pics of your successful hunt!

• 2 weeks later...

I do like venison,but sadly thier are many hungry Americans here many elderly.I have seen to many dipshits that do not ethicaly put down the animal with one shot I don't want to be that guy.I am a good shooter but I strive to be better.Thanks for the advice brother.You will see the pics when it happens.

Few things i hate more than an animal suffering. I have strived over the years to perfect my craft, and though no one is perfect i rarely fail to one shot one kill. You seem to have the wisdom and respectfulness of nature that you will be great. Mistakes can happen, what sets us aside is that we work to learn and fix it. I actually had some real problems when I started bowhunting. Lack of shot angle understanding, very old bow, too much adrenaline. I wounded a few and I finally figured it all out, but I almost quit bowhunting 4 years ago. I told the wife if i wound the next one i shoot at i quit. But something clicked and since then I am 5 out of 5 for ethical bow one shot kills with deer recovered.