• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New 308 Build

Frankh252

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the replacement BCG in a few days ago and it works fine. Gotta say the customer service at Ballistic Advantage is better than I've seen anywhere else. I've never seen a company that would send out a $200+ replacement item before receiving the return back & checking it for problems but Ballistic Advantage did. They even provided the return label in the box the replacement was shipped in.

5 minutes ago, Frankh252 said:

Got the replacement BCG in a few days ago and it works fine. Gotta say the customer service at Ballistic Advantage is better than I've seen anywhere else. I've never seen a company that would send out a $200+ replacement item before receiving the return back & checking it for problems but Ballistic Advantage did. They even provided the return label in the box the replacement was shipped in.

That's the way it should be , for all Manufacturers.

2 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

That's the way it should be , for all Manufacturers.

Wouldn't that be nice? One company I rate an F- in customer service is Modulus Arms. They sent a scratched up receiver and when asked for an exchange the best they would offer was a 15% credit for me to have it refinished on my dime. I've since learned the quality difference between a cheap forged part and a good billet part, so theirs went into the scrap pile and are on my don't buy from them list.

1 hour ago, Frankh252 said:

Wouldn't that be nice? One company I rate an F- in customer service is Modulus Arms. They sent a scratched up receiver and when asked for an exchange the best they would offer was a 15% credit for me to have it refinished on my dime. I've since learned the quality difference between a cheap forged part and a good billet part, so theirs went into the scrap pile and are on my don't buy from them list.

You get what you pay for the most troubles seem to come from these closet companies not many have heard of. When I read on here "I'm trying to do this build on the cheap, I'm ordering from "acme" Corp" I cringe cuz 9 times out as ten it seems like there are issues. 

On 4/18/2016 at 6:11 AM, planeflyer21 said:

Check out the Redfield offerings.  The Revolution series are made in Beaverton, OR.  Some of the best bang for your buck available.

Redfield revolution scopes are great! I have a 4x12x40 on my t/c icon 300 win mag, and my dpms g2 Hunter and a 3x9x40 on my kids 243. You get a great American made optic with the same warranty that comes with Leopold scopes. Compared side by side in the store my eyes couldn't see any noticeable difference between the redfield's and scopes from other manufacturers that were twice the price or more.