• Visit Sportsmans Guide

KnewB

JRoss

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, JRoss said:

HaHaHA OK I will ask and see if its in their book. Do you want in if they got it listed?

Jross    Yep sure....lol... that IS a big show though..."I shot a man in Reno...just to watch him die"         Wash

we havnt had a trainwreck derailment in a while so here it is

Maybe Blackthorne will be there?   had to....

Edited by washguy

21 hours ago, JRoss said:

I hope Blackthorne does, I could vent on them but probably would have to stand in a line out the door to get close enough for them to hear me!.  One of my favorite songs too! 

Ticket to show      10.00

hot dog at show     7.00

standing in line to vent at Blacthorne    Priceless

2 hours ago, washguy said:

Ticket to show      10.00

hot dog at show     7.00

standing in line to vent at Blacthorne    Priceless

Cheap entertainment at its best! For another $5 bucks a could get a beer and then the fun would really begin! Maybe Blackthorne would just buy me the AR10 gas tube and write it off on their taxes under a warranty claim. I know they would have a lot of attention at their booth if I was there cheering for them.

Here is my last email I sent to Blackthorne (the company I bought the POS from) last Thursday and still no response.

My rifle is still not working correctly. You do not answer my Email. Are you still in business or did you go under and change your business name again? It would not be a surprise if you did go out of business because your name is not good when doing a search about your company. Do you know anything about a gas key? Or a gas tube? Or a gas block screw length? Or the weight of a buffer? Or how to clearance an upper for the gas tube at the point the tube goes through the barrel nut? Or the end of the bolt carrier group protruding back beyond the end of the upper at the point where the buffer contacts the bolt carrier group? Or the difference between an AR10 Gas tube length and an AR308 gas tube length? Maybe if you did know more about these thing and checked them when you assemble an AR308 you wouldn't have soo many bad comments about your business on the internet and web forums. Send me an AR10 gas tube free of charge because the one you put in my rifle is wrong as well as all the other things listed above. Do you know what length the gas tube is for an AR10? Do you really pay someone to assemble your rifles? I bet your company doesn't show up at gun shows using any of your present or past business names either. Companies like yours give internet sales bad names.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:06 PM, MikedaddyH said:

Great catch survivalshop! thanks. I sent FA an email for an actual length and waiting to hear back from them.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:00 AM, survivalshop said:

How about Fulton Armory , there's is longer then an AR 15 rifle length gas tube .

http://www.fulton-armory.com/gastuberifle-1.aspx

12" Should be Mid Length , something wrong with the info. This is the info I have gathered below .

DPMS Gas Tube , LR 308 , AR 15/16, M4

Pistol             6-5/8

Carbine          9-3/4

Mid-Length  11-3/4

Rifle             15-1/4

Armalite lengths,

Rifle ( 308 ) ----- 15.5 "

Carbine ( 308 )--12 1/16"

super SASS Carbine ( 308 )--11"

Super SASS< Rife (308 )   ?

Mid ,( 223 )------------------ 11 3/4"

Carbine ( 223) --------------- 9 3/4 "

Rifle ( 223 ) ------------------- 15 3/16"

National Match---------------  ?

2 hours ago, survivalshop said:

12" Should be Mid Length , something wrong with the info. This is the info I have gathered below .

DPMS Gas Tube , LR 308 , AR 15/16, M4

Pistol             6-5/8

Carbine          9-3/4

Mid-Length  11-3/4

Rifle             15-1/4

Armalite lengths,

Rifle ( 308 ) ----- 15.5 "

Carbine ( 308 )--12 1/16"

super SASS Carbine ( 308 )--11"

Super SASS< Rife (308 )   ?

Mid ,( 223 )------------------ 11 3/4"

Carbine ( 223) --------------- 9 3/4 "

Rifle ( 223 ) ------------------- 15 3/16"

National Match---------------  ?

That's the measurement I have been finding also, so I called FA on the phone to verify length a guess what he said he was very very wrong and they do have one to send me at 15.5". I did ask him if he was absolutely sure it was 15.5" and he confirmed that he measured it himself and it was 15.5". He said it will ship Monday of next week.

Extended length national match gas tube for use with barrels with extended gas systems.
Length: 17.170" (I have 2 of these if anyone is interested)