• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mega Help

wojowojo16

Hey Guys, I'm a LONG TIME mega fan.  I built a precision 308 Maten a few years back and finally got around to building its little sister in 223 using the MKM platform.

I bought the lower years ago but ordered the rilfe length upper from riflegear a couple of weeks ago.  It took 16 days to arrive!!!!  And it was listed as in stock.

When it arrived the first thing I noticed was the dust cover looked TERRIBLE....like it had been run over.  It was the same type as on my maten but just beat up.  For nearly $500, I don't know what i expected but I did expect more.  

Today I went to do the install and my barrel wrench looked like a cave man machined it....Does this look right to you?  Its NOT the quality I expect or know from mega.  Just not passing the sniff test.  

I also bought a PRS stock from them and when it arrived it was obviously a returned item.  A buttstock pad screw was missing and it had been "adjusted".  When I reached out to magpul they said there's from the factory are fully "bottomed" out.

2016-12-17 08.51.44.jpg

2016-12-17 08.51.36.jpg

2016-12-17 08.49.58.jpg

2016-12-14 16.53.40.jpg

• 9 months later...
On 12/17/2016 at 4:54 PM, edgecrusher said:

I'm going to go ahead and say that it isn't a MEGA issue but your choice of supplier.

Definitely.  This is a VENDOR issue, and it is not a MANUFACTURER issue.  You need to get after RifleGear on this one.  This doesn't have anything to do with Mega, in the least.