• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cali DON PEDRO Dam

MikedaddyH

However, you're fear-mongering the other dams right now - and they don't have ANY problems,man!  Zero. That's some fake-ass news if I've ever seen it. 

What's the failure potential on any of these dams in Cali that you've mentioned?...

Back when the Oroville damage was little, like this... here's some perspective...

oroville11.jpg

oroville12.jpg

Actually the spillway at the Don Pedro dam overflowed onto the road. I posted a picture of it on page one. The spillway at the Orville dam is also damaged and helicopters have been lifting giant bags of rocks to it and the big hole in the main run off.

Edited by MikedaddyH

1 minute ago, MikedaddyH said:

Actually the spillway at the Don Pedro dam overflowed onto the road. I posted a picture of it on page one. The spillway at the Orville dam is also damaged and helicopters have been lifting faint bags of rocks to it and the big hole in the main run off.

They were dropping bags of rocks into the Emergency Spillway at Oroville. That shiit only ran over for a little while, and it fucked up the hillside, caused SERIOUS erosion.  At that point, they got skeered, and dumped MORE water through the Main Spillway, and fucked it up even more. Their only answer for the Emergency Spillway was to dumpin helicopter-rockbags, and have cement mixers pour cement slurry into it. 

No bags of rocks were ever dropped into the Main Spillway damage area.  Ever.

They ruined a billion dollars worth of roads and bridges in Iowa a few years back because they held too much water in the Dakota dam system then got big rain and had to let it go. It was all predictable with a record snowpack but they held the water back anyway because they didn't want to disturb the nesting Plovers. Ended up washing away all the nests anyway. The lady with the corps of engineers that made the call ended up with a promotion, your government at work.......

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

I don't know much about operating a Dam , but aren't you supposed to be regulating the water level to keep it from over flowing ?:bat:

I heard somewhere that they were getting greedy and trying to fill them up as much as possible in case another drought came

*****fixed thanks flyer

Edited by shepp