• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

308 charging handle

wade.hove

I purchased a standard 308 charging handle (CH) from a FL based dealer. Well known to have quality parts. Installed it in a Aero Precision upper. There is a bit of bare aluminum now showing on the CH. Thinking that my CH may be out of "mil-spec", I stopped at a local gun shop to buy another CH to see if this would relive this wear issue. The only CH the shop had was a "slightly" used one, as the dealer called it. It had similar marks on it as well. My question is, has anyone come across this "wear" on their AR308 style CH? I know that there isn't a "mil-spec" for these style rifles. Just two similar platforms, Armalite and DPMS. Shouldn't CH for these two platforms be interchangeable? Thank you in advance, Wade.

attachments.zip

8 hours ago, wade.hove said:

I purchased a standard 308 charging handle (CH) from a FL based dealer. Well known to have quality parts. Installed it in a Aero Precision upper. There is a bit of bare aluminum now showing on the CH. Thinking that my CH may be out of "mil-spec", I stopped at a local gun shop to buy another CH to see if this would relive this wear issue. The only CH the shop had was a "slightly" used one, as the dealer called it. It had similar marks on it as well. My question is, has anyone come across this "wear" on their AR308 style CH? I know that there isn't a "mil-spec" for these style rifles. Just two similar platforms, Armalite and DPMS. Shouldn't CH for these two platforms be interchangeable? Thank you in advance, Wade.

attachments.zip

Welcome to the forum feel free to tell us about yourself in the intro section