• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Luth MBA 1

Sisco

10 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Will the CH clear the cheek riser or does it need to be lowered bro ?

10 hours ago, Sisco said:

I have it all the way up right now, but I haven't had it to the range yet. Guessing I will need to lower it. But it is just turning a knob, lowering, and tightening again. Very simple to install. # minutes. Instructions included.

If it hits, cut the front of the riser off enough to clear the charging handle.  That's what the (real) difference is between the MagPul PRS stock for AR15 and 308AR.  The riser on the 308AR PRS is shorter in the front, to clear the longer charging handle travel. Otherwise, those two bitches are identical.

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

If it hits, cut the front of the riser off enough to clear the charging handle.  That's what the (real) difference is between the MagPul PRS stock for AR15 and 308AR.  The riser on the 308AR PRS is shorter in the front, to clear the longer charging handle travel. Otherwise, those two bitches are identical.

Magpul  changed that with their new gen. 3 of the PRS , Its good no one has to worry about it anymore .

Of course ,you knew that .:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I had clearance, but the charging handle did indeed hit the cheek piece at the range today. It would still cycle into battery. When I came home I took 1/8 of material off the front of the cheek piece with my trusty Dremel. Problem solved. Moved my scope forward a bit so I had to re-sight the rifle. Played around with the PA 1X6. Put it on 1 x magnification, lighted the reticule and tried a string of 10 rapid fire shots in a 25 mph cross wind from the left. With that wind I was not going to get any good groups after sighting in anyway. Still decently accurate for rapid fire.

20171128_105337.jpg

Edited by Sisco

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...