• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Recommended barrels

Sapper31A

52 minutes ago, Sapper31A said:

Ok guys I just acquired a Mega Maten matching upper and lower and have the majority of parts for the whole build. I just want to get a good barrel and bolt . Have built several 15’s but this is my first .308. Any help will be appreciated.

I have limited experience but Fulton Armory really impressed me with their BCG and the Criterion barrel they sell.

I'm up to three of them now.  Pencil 16" 5.56, Midweight 16" .308 - both of those barrels shoot fantastically.  The newest one is the Match 18" Gunner profile 6.5 Gren.  I've got an 18" Ballistic Advantage SPR profile 6.5 Gren that I need to test against each other.   I haven't shot either Grendel barrel yet, but I can say that the other two Faxon barrels I have really deliver.

I don't have any super high-end barrels (No Bartlein, Lilja, Satern, White Oak, etc.), but I've got a bunch of really good ones, to base this stuff from on the Faxons.  Criterion, other Ballistic Advantages, a Wilson Combat, Several YHM cromoly barrels (Those things will SHOOT!@!!).  Faxon barrels are pretty damn good. :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, StainTrain said:

I have a Seekins 18 Inch 308 with Intermediate gas (you read that right) and it performs quite well. 

I'm still trying to save up enough for my Craddock Precision .260 Rem barrel, man...  I keep ambushing myself with other projects...   :laffs: